Lonely

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

Lonely

Post by P5 Guy »

Where did everybody go?
:(
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I am here in spirit. Chemo treatments leaves me pretty tired .
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

It's not like the old days for sure.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

OKIE wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:49 am It's not like the old days for sure.
Sadly, nothing is. GARY
tector

Post by tector »

I think forums of all types have been cannibalized somewhat by social media. I've seen the same thing on a couple of non-gun forums where I have been a member for a long time. These things happen. Back in the 90s and early 2000s, Usenet was really hopping. Then came My Space and Facebook, and a lot of the discussion groups on all kinds of topics got clobbered. But the BST options here offer a foundation missing on most social media platforms, so I don't see FSN and the like disappearing like Usenet did.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

n0rlf, I hope your treatments are successful.

Certainly has been slow since the big crash.

:(
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

I'm still here and will stay here. I do check it on a daily basis. I may not post daily because there isn't much more to say than I've already said.

But if something does come up that hasn't been discussed, previously (or I can't remember when it was), I'll bring it up.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Here too!
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Here just has died down and will neve be like it used too.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
George W

Post by George W »

tector wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:12 pm I think forums of all types have been cannibalized somewhat by social media. I've seen the same thing on a couple of non-gun forums where I have been a member for a long time. These things happen. Back in the 90s and early 2000s, Usenet was really hopping. Then came My Space and Facebook, and a lot of the discussion groups on all kinds of topics got clobbered. But the BST options here offer a foundation missing on most social media platforms, so I don't see FSN and the like disappearing like Usenet did.
ARFCOM and Reddit saw huge increases in traffic (not as much as pre-social media, but a significant amount of returnees that left for a while) after Facebook and the other SM platforms decided we're undesirable. FSN should have done the same. I'm not sure if the outages or lack of promotion played a part, but they couldn't have helped.