How many Trap,Skeet,Clays shooters?

Over/Unders, Doubles, Pumps, Semis, Home Defense.
krimmie

Re: How many Trap,Skeet,Clays shooters?

Post by krimmie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:06 pm

I shoot skeet or sporting clays once a week, but not while I'm chasing ducks during waterfowl season.

mrqueue

Post by mrqueue » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 pm

:-k Um, ya, now I find out there is a difference after I buy a couple boxes of round orange/black clay thingies..... Off to the google to learn whats the difference #-o !
Expendable

BPCR

Post by BPCR » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 pm

I also live close to the fishawk club is there any intrest in meeting there and shooting some clays ?

tlturbo

Post by tlturbo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:07 am

I work in the gun dept at Dicks in Wellington (West Palm) and there is a large group of us (customers and friends) that get together and go to Quail Creek for Sporting Clays or Okeechobee or Markam for trap and skeet. Probably hit Quail once a month. I know from talking to customers there are a LOT of people going to Quail Creek. It's unfortunate that there isn't a place closer to West Palm than Okeechobee.

swedge

Post by swedge » Fri May 06, 2011 9:59 pm

I shoot at fish hawk. Been going there since last fall. Nice. They have a bunny course. And they have another 16 stations. After tournaments they are very hard and they are always changing them up. Really enjoy it.

Started last fall first time with my old 1930's springfield sxs. Now I have two Berretas. One onyx and a teknys. It is challenging like golf.

Load my own shells too. Mec jr. That my dad and. I used when I was a kid to oaf for dove. Fun, my 5yr old and 3yr old can reload now!

Have to go to silver dollar for read components. Have not found any place better. Lead is the killer, but you can load for about $5.50-$6 a box if I remember last time I calculated. Premium shells are $7.50 and up. Save some, but mostly just enjoy. It. I reload all my other guns too.

oneounceload

Post by oneounceload » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Fishawk is a nice sporting clays course as is Tampa Bay, Bradford, WW, Amelia, etc. Didn't see guns for rent when I went, but then I had my own

I'm further north, so I shoot at Bradford.

I reload 7/8oz loads for $3.25/box - using reclaimed lead and other components bought in bulk - that's where the savings come from

Sporting clays, like FITASC, is the most fun you can have with a gun and your clothes on.........

407forrent

Post by 407forrent » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Anyone know of a place near Orlando to get my trap on? lol :-k
I piss excellence

60buckscash

Post by 60buckscash » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:49 am

I use to pheasant "hunt" in MA. I would try to shoot skeet and trap a couple of times a month (20+ with a pump!). Since I have moved down here I havn't shot much but enjoyed my trip to the Sarasota Gun Club. Sporting Clays (14) is humbling but I always hit that damn rabbit!

I am also running a Moss 500. I have the 28" barrel tapped for chokes in 12. It defianatly helps to smooth out an action. I also just purchased a 20 that I am looking to get into. I do not reload. Most of the time shells are running $5-6 a box at Wally and Dick's so the cost doesn't justify the savings yet.
Just Your Typical Northern Asshat Yankee!

neonnight34609
Life Member
Life Member

Post by neonnight34609 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:49 pm

i shoot trap. i did alittle reloading of shells but its hard to beat the 20$ 100 packs at walmart
"Life's tough.....It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

DoralJoe
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by DoralJoe » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:04 am

4 those of U that don't reload, NATCHEZ is having a huge sale until Jan. 3rd. $5.25 bulk (10 or more) for Rio ROYAL $5.15 bulk for Estate. 2 very good companies that make a great product.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM!!!!
-Joe

LR
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by LR » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:23 pm

If you make your own shot, shotshells are even cheaper.. now that lead shot is 40Bucks plus a bag..
US ARMY RETIRED
CCW Instructor
NRA Certified
RSO
Shotgun Instructor
FireArms Safety Instructor

DoralJoe
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by DoralJoe » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:16 pm

took the plunge and broke my cherry. went 2 trail glades on thurs. shot 50 skeet and 25 trap with a 40% success rate. not bad 4 my first time. my shoulder is killing me because i was so tired at the end, i wasnt placing the shotgun correctly and it slipped off a couple of times... had a blast and that is what counts.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM!!!!
-Joe

tlturbo

Post by tlturbo » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:42 pm

I'm looking for a small, fun group to shoot with. Clays at Quail Creek, OK Corral or Markam or skeet & trap at Okeechobee or Markam at least once a month. I live in W Lake Worth, am retired and can go just about anytime. It just isn't fun driving all that distance and shooting by myself. Far from a beginner but not an A or B class shooter either, just a decent shooter looking for some fun times.
Anyone interested?

krimmie

Post by krimmie » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:40 pm

tlturbo wrote:I'm looking for a small, fun group to shoot with.
I shoot with a small group every Saturday morning at Markham 8:00 am...you are more than welcome to join us, although we are in the middle of duck season and won't be making it out there till February.

oneounceload

Post by oneounceload » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Anyone know of a place near Orlando to get my trap on? lol
http://www.claytargetsonline.com/list.php/FL

Pizzim
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Pizzim » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Went and shot sporting clays at Fish hawk for the first time. Nice place it was very busy out there today due to .30 clays and free cart rentals so we had a few issues with empty launcher and i believe dead batteries due to it being overcast but they were quick to fix the issues and give credit for the targets that never got thrown. All in all it wasa great time
"you cant miss fast enough to win" " Don't slow down, Just aim faster"

Two Brothers Armory FFL 07/02
www.twobrothersarmory.com

orangewirenut

Post by orangewirenut » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:45 am

I've only ever been to Tampa Bay Sporting Clays and only for charity tournaments that the company I work for seems to like to support (fine by me...I get to shoot for free). It is a great time even if you are not the greatest at it.

I picked up a cheap over/under at Sports Authority for $199 on clearance since it had a small knick in the stock. I figure when my skills are better I'll get something nicer but for now it works just fine for me. http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/mode ... 12GOLDWING

They had "The Gnat" at the last Children's Home Charity Shoot there and that is well worth the extra $20 to shoot at. It is a radio control plane with exploding targets on the wings that you get to shoot at...good luck hitting it! http://www.gnatshoot.co.uk/thegnat/info_1.html
“Go forward in all of your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.” - Doctor Who

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - S'chn T'gai Spock

HES
Life Member
Life Member

Post by HES » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 am

So last weekend I got my NRA certification as a shotgun instructor, but don't have a shotgun appropriate to clays. I've decided I want a semiauto with a 28" barrel. Since I do not intended to shoot international clays I should be OK. But any suggestion as to a shotgun? I am looking for a semiauto in order to dampen the felt recoil impulse.

Any suggestions?
NRA Rifle & Shotgun Instructor, NRA RSO. Hedonistic Glutton always.

G17Steve
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by G17Steve » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 pm

HES wrote:So last weekend I got my NRA certification as a shotgun instructor, but don't have a shotgun appropriate to clays. I've decided I want a semiauto with a 28" barrel. Since I do not intended to shoot international clays I should be OK. But any suggestion as to a shotgun? I am looking for a semiauto in order to dampen the felt recoil impulse.

Any suggestions?
price range?

Off the top of my head the Beretta 391 ?

HES
Life Member
Life Member

Post by HES » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:36 pm

I'd like to go as inexpensive as I can. However Im more interested at suggested models of semi autos. I can always save me. But Im figuring about $1K is what it will cost me.
NRA Rifle & Shotgun Instructor, NRA RSO. Hedonistic Glutton always.