Is it loaded ???

Over/Unders, Doubles, Pumps, Semis, Home Defense.
23Preacher
Life Member
Life Member

Is it loaded ???

Post by 23Preacher » Wed May 06, 2015 7:18 pm

Pump shotgun in a vehicle,truck,behind the seat.Can the tube be full an chamber empty ?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Is it loaded ???

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed May 06, 2015 8:15 pm

Sure
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Vinnie357
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Vinnie357 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:48 pm

That's how I like it. Tube full, chamber empty, hammer down. Just have to rack and pull trigger.

deathpriest
Contributor
Contributor

Post by deathpriest » Thu May 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Loaded indeed.
Blessings,
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
**Infidel**

23Preacher
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 23Preacher » Thu May 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Thanks,now,is what I asked legal, LOL,thats what I should have said ?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:46 pm

23Preacher wrote:Thanks,now,is what I asked legal, LOL,thats what I should have said ?
I'm not a Gutmacher fan but one of the fanboi's on here can tell you what his book says, I believe the law only says about handguns, because you can have a rifle in the truck and nothing says anything about loaded [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Racist Infidel » Thu May 07, 2015 10:19 pm

I never carry an unloaded firearm. Why handicap yourself in a possible life or death situation?

Vinnie357
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Vinnie357 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:33 pm

Racist Infidel wrote:I never carry an unloaded firearm. Why handicap yourself in a possible life or death situation?
For me the SG would be a backup to my loaded pistol. Other then that agreed primary always loaded.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:42 am

Racist Infidel wrote:I never carry an unloaded firearm. Why handicap yourself in a possible life or death situation?
it depends if you transport other individuals or children a lot ....the chances of an accident far outweigh any possible handicap in using said firearm...given the example, many want to rack one in as a last attempt as a non lethal warning that you're about to start blastin

But for a carry pistol to still have it unloaded is far better that not having it at all...I'll take a 3 second handicap versus a situation like the day before when you were at the beach and didn't have it at all :-k

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:43 am

it depends if you transport other individuals or children a lot ....the chances of an accident far outweigh any possible handicap in using said firearm...given the example, many want to rack one in as a last attempt as a non lethal warning that you're about to start blastin

But for a carry pistol to still have it unloaded is far better that not having it at all...I'll take a 3 second handicap versus a situation like the day before when you were at the beach and didn't have it at all :-k

Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Racist Infidel » Sat May 09, 2015 9:58 pm

I carry a 1911A1 in "Condition 1", cocked and locked, in a shoulder rig. The retention strap goes between the frame and hammer. Really not much chance of a screw-up. :ham'r

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun May 10, 2015 11:17 am

Racist Infidel wrote:I carry a 1911A1 in "Condition 1", cocked and locked, in a shoulder rig. The retention strap goes between the frame and hammer. Really not much chance of a screw-up. :ham'r
I'd bet you look real fancy at the beach wearing that [smilie=011.gif]

Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Racist Infidel » Sun May 10, 2015 2:22 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Racist Infidel wrote:I carry a 1911A1 in "Condition 1", cocked and locked, in a shoulder rig. The retention strap goes between the frame and hammer. Really not much chance of a screw-up. :ham'r
I'd bet you look real fancy at the beach wearing that [smilie=011.gif]
Not really. I just use a crotch holster under my kilt and everyone thinks I'm just real excited. [smilie=033.gif]