Issue with a Pardner 12ga

Over/Unders, Doubles, Pumps, Semis, Home Defense.
oldschoolersp101

Issue with a Pardner 12ga

Post by oldschoolersp101 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:11 am

A few months ago I purchased a Pardner 12ga for home defense. I bought it brand-new from a retailer and paid less than $200 for it. So I'm half thinking I got what I paid for, but I've heard wonderful reviews about these cheap ugly guns.

This weekend I disassembled it for the first time and gave it a good cleaning after a few trips to the range. Once I put it back together, I realized that I could rack the pump without pressing the disconnect or pulling the trigger. I also discovered that if I stand the gun straight up against a wall with the butt-stock on the ground, the pump will actually fall with gravity causing the bolt to drop back in the receiver. I've heard of such issues with old beat-to-death shottys, but not on one with less than 100 rounds through it.

Can this be ignored or is it an issue I need to have a gunsmith look at?

**I just realized that I can't get a shell in the chamber either, so I am going to have to get this professionally looked at and repaired if it's not much money.**
Last edited by oldschoolersp101 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom isn't free. It costs folks like you and me. If we don't all chip in, we'll never pay that bill!

boomboom
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Issue with a Pardner 12ga

Post by boomboom » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:21 am

If you didn't put a part back in wrong or lose a part to cause the issue, I'd give the manufacturer a call.
Google pain in the ass and your picture should be there-sayeth my wife

oldschoolersp101

Re: Issue with a Pardner 12ga

Post by oldschoolersp101 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:21 am

boomboom wrote:If you didn't put a part back in wrong or lose a part to cause the issue, I'd give the manufacturer a call.
Yeah, I'm humble enough to admit that my first guess is operator error. I didn't have any pieces left over or out of place, but something may not have been aligned up right.
Freedom isn't free. It costs folks like you and me. If we don't all chip in, we'll never pay that bill!