Walther P99c.

Pistols of all descriptions.
N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Walther P99c.

Post by N4KVE » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:43 am

Yesterday I received an E-Mail from SS about their 38 anniversary sale. I already own a 9mm PPS M1, & love it. Similar in size to a XDs, or Glock 43, it's a great gun. They showed a Walther P99c for $339. No rebate necessary. Now I know these guns usually sell for $450, & up, so I read about it, & ran to the store to buy one. It's not like I've been waiting for a while to buy one, but after reading about the gun, & it fitting my hand perfectly, I bought it. Also the PPS M1, & P99c have the mag release on the trigger guard, which I prefer. Many people do not know this, but when you rack the slide on a striker fired gun, its cocked, but not locked like a 1911. I'm only aware of some of the M&P line of guns having a safety. This gun allows me to decock it for a longer stiffer DA trigger if I wish. Or I can keep it in SA mode. My XDs is now retired, & sold, & this is my new carry gun. 100% made in Germany, not here by S&W. I could carry anything I want, but this is the gun I carry now. That price is amazing. GARY

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Walther P99c.

Post by Cardboard_killer » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:10 am

Canik's first pistol was a copy of the same system that the P99 uses, but not in compact.

How much smaller is the P99c vs the PPQ? I love my PPQ, but could use a subcompact version of it,too.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:38 pm

Not familiar with the PPQ. But it is only slightly larger than my PPS M1. GARY.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:22 pm

I picked one up today at the SS sale, too. The PPQ/P99 mags fit the gun and there is a sleave you can buy to match the longer magazine to the P99c, so my five PPQ mags can server double duty. Nice gun, well worth the $339 that SS is asking.
Brian

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:05 am

I sold plenty of them at Miami yesterday. GARY.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:42 am

N4KVE wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:05 am
I sold plenty of them at Miami yesterday. GARY.
Some Walther high end muckity muck was here in Tampa; I should have tried to hit him up for some freebies, but he didn't look like he was giving any away. If you haven't yet handled/shot the PPQ, you should. It is the best mid-size striker fired pistol on the market IMO--while they had the $100 rebate going on it was also one of the cheapest, too. However, I've not yet shot the M&P 2.0 or the Gen 5 Glocks, so maybe S&W/Glock have closed the gap. I don't really see how Glock keeps up sales as their product is simply plying on the name and not an actual quality difference.

From my observation, S&W M&Ps were flying off the shelf, along with Tauruses.

Remington has a $100 rebate right now, and the RM380 (the Remington version of the Rorbaugh (sp?) R9) is on sale for just over $300 (and anyone that wants one should try to bargin that number down, too, as they are sub-300 on line). So, for about $200 you can get a gun that four years ago was $1,000 and never on sale.
Brian