Anyone own an HK VP9SK?

Pistols of all descriptions.
MikeFL86
Executive Member
Executive Member

Anyone own an HK VP9SK?

Post by MikeFL86 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:09 pm

Handled one in my LGS last night and I like it. I want to hear about it from someone who owns one, though. Is it a good gun? Reliable? Will it eat any kind of ammo?

I read that the VP9 series can choke on steel-cased stuff but I want to make sure that's true or not since my Glock eats everything.
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. — JUSTICE LEARNED HAND

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Anyone own an HK VP9SK?

Post by lakelandman » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:36 pm

You can always go to HKpro and get great feed back quicker if no one answers you here on FSN About the steel ammo the only guns I ever shoot steal ammo is Glock and AK because who cares if they gets mess up. I know HK doesn't like steal ammo and have seen few post on HKpro of people doing that same thing and ruining the gun good luck other option you can look at is the P30SK. /:f
"Spend your energy to keep up and you won't have to waste it catching up"

bonjorno2
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Anyone own an HK VP9SK?

Post by bonjorno2 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:30 am

I have one and I'm a huge glockguy. I tend to carry this more than I carry my Glock 23.

I don't feed it any steel cased ammo since the ranges I go to require brass but I've had zero issues with it and it is very accurate. Excellent reset although it is a little chunkier than a Glock it carries very well inside the waistband.
Focus on your front sight... the rest should be blurry!