Why so many Glock 43's for sale used ?? why no like ??

Pistols of all descriptions.
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Why so many Glock 43's for sale used ?? why no like ??

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:58 am

I have seen a lot of G43 for sales used, did you guys who got them just not like them, too big to carry , I can see the g42 all day in that wuss .380 caliber , but whats up with the G43's ??

a lot of holsters and other gear for sale with the guns so I'm thinking they got them for carry and just didn't like them ??

so what gives ?? I haven't shot one yet so I have no clue
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

arkhangel5

Re: Why so many Glock 43's for sale used ?? why no like ??

Post by arkhangel5 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:51 am

From the guys I know that own them, the difference in weight vs the G42 is the main dislike.

The diff is just enough to start pulling on your shorts so you know it is there.

So if you are going to carry in a holster, then might as well go with a G19 or a G26.

Now I carry a G42 in a pocket holster as a backup to my G19. It is what it is, a backup. And I know that it is reliable and accurate.

My .02,
SY
Tough times create strong people. Strong people create good times. Good times create weak people. Weak people create tough times.

bonjorno2
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bonjorno2 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:52 am

I've still got mine and picked it up when they first came out. The trigger was much heavier than the 5.5lbs they advertised but that was an easy fix. I've been told by a board member here the triggers in the newer ones are better, but I cannot speak first hand on that yet.

My guess is the market already had so many great single stack 9mm's that some of the people that tried the glock 43 out decided the other single stacks were just as good if not better.

The normal self defense rounds pack a little bark in the light 43 so maybe people are wanting a self defense gun that is a range gun too. I don't mind mine as I am use to the recoil of a 38spl in an airlite revolver [smilie=011.gif]

I also think that people got one because their buddies did too so monkey see monkey do.

I carry mine more than most of my guns usually iwb sometimes in cargo shorts.
Focus on your front sight... the rest should be blurry!

deathpriest
Contributor
Contributor

Post by deathpriest » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:03 pm

I like mine. I carry a 938 but, this is in the rotation. Shoots well, carries well. I have never carried a 42 so, can not compare.
Blessings,
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
**Infidel**

45caldan
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 45caldan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:37 pm

I had a G42 and it was at the upper limit of what I could pocket carry in jeans.
When the G43 came out, I compared it side by side with a G42 and decided it was just bigger and heavier enough that I wouldn't pocket carry it.
I prefer the Shield for a SS 9mm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYH2M7CJN4
Last edited by 45caldan on Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:41 pm

arkhangel5 wrote:So if you are going to carry in a holster, then might as well go with a G19 or a G26.
I think that's basically it. I had a Walther PPS that I thought was a great gun, soft enough shooting, good trigger, accurate, but it was too big to pocket carry and if I'm gonna holster carry I may as well do it with a double stack magazine. I've handled a G43, and it feels like the equal to the PPS, so I passed. The only 9mm pocket gun I have been able to carry are the Kahr PM9 and the Beretta Nano. And with Shields, Walthers, and Berettas already on the market and 20-30% cheaper than the G43, they just don't make much sense to me.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

cdi919
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by cdi919 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:11 pm

I love my g43. The only reason I don't carry it is because Raven concealment has not come out with a vanguard holster for it. If I can find a similar holster from another company then it will be my edc instead of my g26. Which also rides in a vanguard holster.
Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most.

cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cubanstang50 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:06 pm

The 42 is a great size but i dont like the caliber and dont want to add a new caliber also. I love my 43 though. I have a plus +2 vickers mag extension and it feels awesome.
3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LastRites » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:33 am

cdi919 wrote:I love my g43. The only reason I don't carry it is because Raven concealment has not come out with a vanguard holster for it. If I can find a similar holster from another company then it will be my edc instead of my g26. Which also rides in a vanguard holster.
Vanguard styled and without the pointy end to jab you in your balls.
http://www.galls.com/q-series-stealth-m ... hgodS78Gzg

ilsrwy27
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ilsrwy27 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:16 am

The Glock 43 is inferior to its competition and a decade late coming to the market, that's why you can buy them new for $425 all day...

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:32 am

Typical of "new" Glock models, fanboys bust their load$ on overpriced tupperware only to realize another company has done it better and cheaper.
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:26 pm

This weekend working for Ira at the WPB show, I sold 6 S&W Shields for $349 each, & 1 Glock 43 for $450. Each I consider priced very well considering what they cost, but people want the best bang for the buck. Actually, people in WPB are cheap, because at the Miami show, more 43's sell than Shields. GARY

cdi919
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by cdi919 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:41 pm

LastRites wrote:
cdi919 wrote:I love my g43. The only reason I don't carry it is because Raven concealment has not come out with a vanguard holster for it. If I can find a similar holster from another company then it will be my edc instead of my g26. Which also rides in a vanguard holster.
Vanguard styled and without the pointy end to jab you in your balls.
http://www.galls.com/q-series-stealth-m ... hgodS78Gzg
I like that. I may have to order it. But it would be perfect if it had the soft loop

45caldan
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 45caldan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:31 am

305tillimoved wrote:Typical of "new" Glock models, fanboys bust their load$ on overpriced tupperware only to realize another company has done it better and cheaper.
I agree.
I like the Shield and also the new Walther PPS M2 better for SS 9mms. Even the Ruger LC9s Pro is more appealing to me.
DON'T TREAD ON ME

cdi919
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by cdi919 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:34 pm

i tried twice to buy a shield but i just did not like the way it felt in my hand.

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:23 am

Many folks who bought a 43 had carried a 26 for years. I find the 26 way more comfortable to shoot and quite honestly, this is reflected in the level of accuracy for me. The 26 is very comfortable and familiar to shoot while the 43 tends to feel a bit snappy. I also like the 10 round mags more... the 6 gives it the same capacity as a revolver. I will keep both and carry the 26 if clothing allows. The 43 is noticeably thinner and easier to carry. I wonder if may people who have both and see something else they want to buy decide to sell the pistol that is the least fun to shoot during range trips. Just a thought. :ber

45caldan
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 45caldan » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:19 am

If its too big to be a pocket gun, and it is (even if you can get away with it in cargo shorts its still no pocket gun) then I would carry it IWB.
If doing that, I want more capacity!
Some double stacks really aren't that much thicker and can be carried IWB just as easily WITH more capacity!
DON'T TREAD ON ME