Any Glock 43/42 owners in the house?

Pistols of all descriptions.
Pheenix11

Re: Any Glock 43/42 owners in the house?

Post by Pheenix11 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:21 am

I have both the 42 and 43. I usually carry my Glock 26 but when I need something lighter or thinner is when I go for one of them. The 42 is amazingly light, perfect for when you absolutely positively need to be concealed.

The 42 is a pretty soft shooter while the 43 can be a little snappy but both shoot nicely for such small guns. Sometimes too small is a bad thing because it increases the recoil but I think Glock got it just right for both of them.

I got the Pearce grip extensions for both (one of the factory 43 magazines comes with a pinky extension as well) and it makes a big difference in how they handle while not decreasing concealability at all.

naltak

Post by naltak » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:57 am

I have one, and it is a joy to carry. You almost forget it is there. My one complaint is that when I shoot it, for some reason, it really hurts my trigger finger. After about the third shot, I am anticipating the pain. Sometimes I put a band-aid around my finger and that helps some. Surely there is something that can be done to help, but i haven't figured it out yet.

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LastRites » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:32 pm

naltak wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:57 am
I have one, and it is a joy to carry. You almost forget it is there. My one complaint is that when I shoot it, for some reason, it really hurts my trigger finger. After about the third shot, I am anticipating the pain. Sometimes I put a band-aid around my finger and that helps some. Surely there is something that can be done to help, but i haven't figured it out yet.
Likely the trigger safety is still protruding and bit sharp, you could lightly sand it down a little to help ease that issue. The grooves in the trigger itself can be a bit sharp too which also can be dulled. Then there is after market alternatives.

naltak

Post by naltak » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:39 am

Thanks, I'll look into that.