Any Glock 43/42 owners in the house?

Pistols of all descriptions.
Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Any Glock 43/42 owners in the house?

Post by Jeepsnguns » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:20 pm

Curious if any of you own a G-43 or a G-42?
If so what is your impression, like or dislike?
I'm thinking about buying one or the other as a smallish travel gun.
Thanks,
Jon
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Any Glock 43 owners in the house?

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:35 pm

I have two friends that have them and they both like them. I handled one and was impressed with the trigger when I dry fired it, much better than the Shield and Nano, almost as good as the Walter PPS.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:41 pm

I have one, switched it out as my carry gun about a month ago. Replaced my Glock 27. I love the slimmer profile. Gun conceals really well. Its a little snappy but not too bad compared to other guns of similar size. Keeper for me!!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Any Glock 43/42 owners in the house?

Post by Jeepsnguns » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:09 pm

flashooter22 wrote:I have one, switched it out as my carry gun about a month ago. Replaced my Glock 27. I love the slimmer profile. Gun conceals really well. Its a little snappy but not too bad compared to other guns of similar size. Keeper for me!!
Thanks for the reply flashooter.
I would expect somewhat "snappy" from a small polymer 9mm.
Might be too snappy for my taste which is why I was also wondering about the G-42
Not to change gears in mid stream but what have you all heard or experienced with the Glock 42 .380 ?
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:16 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:I have two friends that have them and they both like them. I handled one and was impressed with the trigger when I dry fired it, much better than the Shield and Nano, almost as good as the Walter PPS.
Since you mentioned the Nano.
I owned a Beretta Nano, it wasn't bad, pretty accurate, butt ass ugly [smilie=011.gif] .
The factory original recoil spring was damaged but Beretta sent me a new one lickety split.

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:21 pm

Jeepsnguns wrote:
flashooter22 wrote:I have one, switched it out as my carry gun about a month ago. Replaced my Glock 27. I love the slimmer profile. Gun conceals really well. Its a little snappy but not too bad compared to other guns of similar size. Keeper for me!!
Thanks for the reply flashooter.
I would expect somewhat "snappy" from a small polymer 9mm.
Might be too snappy for my taste which is why I was also wondering about the G-42
Not to change gears in mid stream but what have you all heard or experienced with the Glock 42 .380 ?
I have lots of friends that carry a 42 as a backup/ off duty. They seem to love them. The 42 is supposed to be a smooth shooter, however I have not personally fired one. I prefer a 9mm over a .380 all day long. .....However I have seen people killed with everything so I guess it doesnt matter.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

bonjorno2
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bonjorno2 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:26 pm

I've owned both the 42 and 43. I kept the 43 when it was proven to function when they came out. I've had the trigger guard undercut and I installed a ghost connector to lighten the pull a tad. The box will say they are at 5.5lbs however it's more like 7-8lbs. I spoke with a Glock Rep on the phone and he admitted that the pull was heavier than the 5.5 marking on the box. I am thinking they did that knowing people where going to pocket this little gun.

I carry it more than any other gun right now in the warmer months. Usually in a PJ holster (pjholster.com) as he makes some of the best kydex i've purchased. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Last edited by bonjorno2 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Focus on your front sight... the rest should be blurry!

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:34 pm

Early 43s had a harder trigger. This was recently remedied by changing the connector. Mine is a couple months old and has the new connector. trigger is on par with my other glocks.

They work great for IWB carry...and there is lots of holster options out there. Beware of ones that use bent over kydex as the clip..they are bound to break as Kydex was not meant to have that much stress like that.

bonjorno2
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bonjorno2 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Good to know that they have put the proper connector in on the newer ones. My buddy picked his up a few weeks ago, maybe i'll dry fire his and see how much better it was than mine(when it was factory). I picked mine up on the first shipment from BH Police Supply up here so it would be great to hear if Glock put the proper connector back in them.

As for the kydex clip i've personally never liked the ones like what you have as they tend to ride a tad high and I prefer a lower ride height with a single clip design. I've had the original coachg holster from when he was making them for glocktalk members and it still is doing very well(about 8 years old). YMMV
Focus on your front sight... the rest should be blurry!

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:51 pm

With a thumbs forward grip I've found my thumbs ride on the slide stop, making it where on the last round the slide won't lock back. I have to remember to ride my thumbs outward and slightly away from the slide

The TL-6 I think that's what it's called, the light and laser Combo is an excellent addition to the G43 as well

For the snappiness some may feel, they have a tungsten guide rod their selling now for the 43 which can help in muzzle flip quite a bit
Last edited by Gregh181 on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:54 pm

I know ghost inc has two different connectors they sell for the G43 and G42. Which ones have you guys been using?
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:03 am

Jeepsnguns wrote:Since you mentioned the Nano.
I owned a Beretta Nano, it wasn't bad, pretty accurate, butt ass ugly
I carry a Nano and it is amazingly accurate. But the trigger is not good, even after some polishing. For the money, I think it's the best pocket 9mm out there. The Glock is small, but I could not pocket carry it.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

45caldan
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 45caldan » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:26 pm

For a 9mm, I prefer the SHIELD. It is only a tad bigger than a G43 but shoots softer and has higher (by one) capacity.
Larry Vickers agrees...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYH2M7CJN4

I had a G42 and wish I STILL did!
It was right at the upper limit of what I could pocket carry in jeans but do-able.
I think it a great .380 but not the smallest (for better or worse).
I may get one again....
NO INTEREST in the G43 for me...Shield is at least as good if not better and around $150 cheaper than a G43 these days.
Last edited by 45caldan on Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Otis0731

Post by Otis0731 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:25 pm

I really like my 43, it's my daily carry and so far no malfunctions.

PascoGlockGuy

Post by PascoGlockGuy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Jeepsnguns wrote:Curious if any of you own a G-43 or a G-42?
If so what is your impression, like or dislike?
I'm thinking about buying one or the other as a smallish travel gun.
Thanks,
Jon
It's a solid gun. I traded it for a 19 for capacity sack. However, Hyve Technologies sells a +3 base plate bringing the gun up a 9+1. I also think using a TUCTITE IWB holster is the way to go. As far as I'm concerned it's a great gun that shoots well and doesn't break the bank.

45caldan
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 45caldan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:59 am

Update from my earlier post in Aug.
I picked up another G42 as frankly after writing that post it got me wanting another one.
It goes with me everywhere....
I am loading it with a staggered mag of Underwood Xtreme Defender ammo and Hornady Custom XTPs.
DON'T TREAD ON ME

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:07 am

I've shot them all. I prefer the Shield. GARY

cdi919
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by cdi919 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:20 am

i finally put my g26 in the safe and have been using my g43 as my daily carry for over a month. i have the plus 1 pinky extensions so 7 + 1 is fine for me. plus it does not pull my scrub pants down. me and the doctor i work for both carry in clinic. i ordered a veil solutions ghost holster for it since raven concealment wont make a vanguard for it. im just waiting for it to ship. so for now it rides in a black hawk holster. i would always see great deals on the shield and every time i went to try and buy it, it would not feel right in my hand. it just felt too thin.
Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Shueter612

Post by Shueter612 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Ive been carrying a G43 for over a year now. Previously I carried a Kahr CW9. I much prefer the Glock, especially after adding a Vickers +2 extension. I initially had another brand extended baseplate but it used the factory mag spring and I found it often would not lock the slide back after the last round. This has not been an issue at all with the Vickers. I added tritium sights and polished the internals. The gun is great, very easy to conceal, and goes bang every time!

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:43 am

Cardboard_killer wrote:I have two friends that have them and they both like them. I handled one and was impressed with the trigger when I dry fired it, much better than the Shield and Nano, almost as good as the Walter PPS.
I owned a Shield, & it was not bad. Fired a few friend's 42, & 43, & they were OK. But I just picked up a PPS, 1st gen, & it's better than them all. No mushy trigger. Once the slack is taken up, any more trigger movement, & the gun goes bang. GARY