Hoolster questions for 1911 carriers

Pistols of all descriptions.
bugman
Life Member
Life Member
Location: Orlando, corner of Gaylando and Little Saigo, across from the BlackHOP

Hoolster questions for 1911 carriers

Post by bugman » Sun May 22, 2016 11:48 am

Thumb break yes or no?
Cant?
Holster maker/style preference?
Carry position?

Just bought a 3 inch 1911 looking for suggestions and experiences

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Hoolster questions for 1911 carriers

Post by LastRites » Sun May 22, 2016 12:47 pm

For me, no thumb break, yes to cant. Really like my McDaniels II from Andrews Leather, for me it's about as thin as one can get without going kydex. Usually carry either at about 2:00 or 4:00 depending on what I am wearing.

A buddy of mine has one of Andrews thumb break models for his High Power it is very nice and works well. He likes having the strap of leather there as a precautionary measure of the single action only/ cocked and locked. Sam does do a nice thumb break.

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Post by IDPAMASTER » Sun May 22, 2016 1:44 pm

I love good leather,but have come to really love G Code holsters lately. I have them for my Glocks,17,19 and 1911's with and without light. Incog are super comfy,light,excellent retention that allows a smooth draw and re-holster. And they can be configured anyway you like. I'm not a fan of thumb break holsters.
Well then get your s';t together.
Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your s';t. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the s';t store and sell it, or put it in a s';t museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY

Racist Infidel
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Racist Infidel » Sun May 22, 2016 2:04 pm

I tote my full sized 1911A1 in several different rigs, just depends on what I'm doing. A Galco 'Miami Special' shoulder rig, USGI shoulder rig, USGI flap holster and lately I use a holster similar to the Yaqui slide for CC.

When I started CC a shooting buddy commented that "You'll wind up with 4 or 5 holsters till you find the right one." A lot of truth in that. :ber