gen 4 glock question, 19

Pistols of all descriptions.
NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

gen 4 glock question, 19

Post by NonConformist » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:11 am

My issue with Glock has always been that they point way high for me. Sure I could train it out but I won't compromise my natural point shooting ability. So I was looking at the new gen 4 Glocks and see they come w/ inserts for the grip. It looks like one of them would fill the web of my hand and lower to point of the gun for me. Does anyone have experience here on this or am I stuck w/ 'buy and try'?
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Re: gen 4 glock question, 19

Post by tector » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:26 am

I have 2 and use the narrowest grip, but YMMV. Any good rental places near you?
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

stpetejoe

Post by stpetejoe » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:55 pm

After the holidays you would be welcome to meet me at a range and shoot the crap outa mine if you like,I'm in Pinellas.
joe
"My greatest fear is that once I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell all my guns for the amount I told her I paid for them"

p7fl

Post by p7fl » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:37 pm

I have both Gen 4's and Gen 2 Glock 19s.
The Gen 4 gives you a beavertail but WILL NOT change the grip angle.
I am a 1911 shooter and it wasn't until an FBI guy showed me that all his Glocks had this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VI ... detailpage
that the Glock worked for me.
It does change the angle.

I go back and forth with it on as it is not legal in USPSA production which I use a Glock 19 for.

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:19 pm

p7fl wrote:I have both Gen 4's and Gen 2 Glock 19s.
The Gen 4 gives you a beavertail but WILL NOT change the grip angle.
I am a 1911 shooter and it wasn't until an FBI guy showed me that all his Glocks had this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VI ... detailpage
that the Glock worked for me.
It does change the angle.

I go back and forth with it on as it is not legal in USPSA production which I use a Glock 19 for.

That looks like what I thought the stock ones would do on the g4!
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:19 pm

stpetejoe wrote:After the holidays you would be welcome to meet me at a range and shoot the crap outa mine if you like,I'm in Pinellas.
joe
Thanks!

ww45

Post by ww45 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:06 am

NonConformist wrote:My issue with Glock has always been that they point way high for me. Sure I could train it out but I won't compromise my natural point shooting ability. So I was looking at the new gen 4 Glocks and see they come w/ inserts for the grip. It looks like one of them would fill the web of my hand and lower to point of the gun for me. Does anyone have experience here on this or am I stuck w/ 'buy and try'?
I used to think this, and always shot an XD but picked up a Glock and realized they actually make you roll your wrists forward into a better grip. It didn't take long at all to get used to the draw.

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:48 pm

:-k Hmmm

mpk585

Post by mpk585 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:08 am

19 is always a great gun to add to the collection

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:49 am

A friend of mine was at the range last month with his gen 4 G19 and had his slide stop spring fail, causing the slide stop to work its way out. His upper went flying off during a reload. Glock is sending him a new spring; perhaps it's an issue they know about as they didn't seem surprised on the phone.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams