M&P Shield 2.0 grips

Pistols of all descriptions.
Jiggle

M&P Shield 2.0 grips

Post by Jiggle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Anybody else carry one of these IWB? Just bought one to carry at work after years of pocket carrying my LCP. The texture on the grip of the Shield is so coarse, it is nearly unbearable to wear without an undershirt. Feels like 100 grit sandpaper rubbing on my side fat all day.

I am looking specifically at the Talon grips, but wondered if anybody had other recommendations.

jwperry
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: M&P Shield 2.0 grips

Post by jwperry » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:21 am

Thought about trading it for a shield 1.0? My v1 shield has super smooth grips and doesn't have this issue.

ETA: As to the question at hand; I added the rubber talon grips to a few guns that had zero texture (PX4 & Shield) and took them off. The rubber grips added 0 for additional texture and would probably do what you're looking to do to your 2.0 grips.

Jiggle

Post by Jiggle » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:53 pm

jwperry wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:21 am
Thought about trading it for a shield 1.0? My v1 shield has super smooth grips and doesn't have this issue.

ETA: As to the question at hand; I added the rubber talon grips to a few guns that had zero texture (PX4 & Shield) and took them off. The rubber grips added 0 for additional texture and would probably do what you're looking to do to your 2.0 grips.
No, I hadn't considered it since I literally just bought the gun. I ordered the Talon grips, and will update this after installing them.

Jiggle

Post by Jiggle » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:31 am

I installed the Talon rubber grips yesterday, and it helps tremendously. I don't particularly care for how they stick to my skin, but it beats the hell out of the cheese grater it came with from the factory.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:03 am

I actually thought the 2.0 grips were decent. Way better than my SD9 ones at any rate.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”