Remington 700 problems

Bolt guns, gas guns and long range shooting tactics.
mikecu
Life Member
Life Member

Remington 700 problems

Post by mikecu » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:00 am

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/11/cn ... 0%9D/67474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/New-expo ... 07629.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I saw a story about this with video this morning on NBC.

Do you think Wulfmann has one of these? You don't have to touch the trigger for an A.D. to happen. [smilie=011.gif]
Last edited by mikecu on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wulfmann
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Reminton 700 problems

Post by Wulfmann » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:32 am

I have two of them in case I need to have one of those accidents that takes out a boosting boyfriend at 500 meters. [smilie=011.gif] [smilie=011.gif]

Why officer, what are the odds??? [smilie=popcorn.gif] [smilie=popcorn.gif]

Truth is I never use a safety on my bolt guns. I open the bolt if I am not going to pull the trigger.
If I were to ever hunt (way too lazy) I would use a Mauser not one of my heavier R-700 snipers.

This came up about 10 years ago and I tried every way possible to get either of my R-700s to AD (no ammo, snap cap) but mine will not do that.

This however, does not change the fact anyone owning a Glock is in grave danger as is anyone in the vicinity [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]

Wulfmann /:f
“A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison

A stovepipe is your rifle flipping you off for using cheap ammo!

glockpacker
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Reminton 700 problems

Post by glockpacker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 am

anyone owning a Glock is in grave danger as is anyone in the vicinity
My goodness! My right foot is in constant danger!

But really, lots of the target rifles we use have the trigger on the edge of destruction. My savage has a professionally installed Rifle Basix trigger. If you close the bolt quickly on an empty chamber, the hammer drops every time. But on the range, There's a tight-fitting round in the chamber when I s-l-o-w-l-y close the bolt, and it's not a problem. The rifle is on the line, aimed at the target, before a round ever goes into the chamber. Occasionally we get a "slam fire," and the competitor has to take the score of where ever the bullet strikes.

Any trigger that's adjusted too lightly will slam-fire occasionally, or even all the time.
Eric
Shooter of 1,000 yards

(Stolen from Moe without permission... because it's true) Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you. John Steinbeck