My budget build Journey

Bolt guns, gas guns and long range shooting tactics.
arkhangel5

Re: My budget build Journey

Post by arkhangel5 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Hehe I love that color. Great looking setup.

SY
Tough times create strong people. Strong people create good times. Good times create weak people. Weak people create tough times.

beradon

Post by beradon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:51 am

Hey GloCKeYeD, have you tried anything other than Prvi match? On my last trip to the range I shot some 69 and 75 gr Prvi in my 9 twist 700P and the results were only mediocre, about 7/8 MOA @ 100 yds. I'm going to shoot more before I rule it out but my best groups have been with Hornady Training ammo. It's steel cased but has the same POI as Hornady's premium TAP ammo at about half the price, roughly $190. for 500 rds delivered. Obviously reloading is the only way to get maximum performance but my garage is hot and crowded so I have to use factory ammo. Anyway, good luck with that rifle - Its beautiful
Glock Armorer
X-Military

GLoCKeYeD
Life Member
Life Member

Post by GLoCKeYeD » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:35 am

so far i have shot:

Priv match 69grn
Corbon match 69grn
Blackhills Moly 68grn
Blackhills match 52grn

i have some more Priv match in 69 and 75 to try again, and wolf gold 75grn.

the new stock has really tightened up my groups since the barrel is now FF. however it hated the 52grn black hills. the Priv and CORBON was in the old stock, but in comparison the corbon wasn't impressive plus it had a FTFire. good pin hit but never went off. but so far mine seems to like black hills 68grn.

i have shot some of that 75grn Tap Training in it before. i didn't really shoot it for groups as i was using it to get on paper before i tried the match stuff. if i had more i would like to try it again.
The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.