Just a heads up

Bolt guns, gas guns and long range shooting tactics.
Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Just a heads up

Post by Nicolas » Sun May 23, 2010 3:47 am

I've seen a Super sniper 10 power for sale, in the sale section. This scope would be ideal for anyone wanting a solid scope to either tacticool a rifle or upgrade for target use. I have owned both the 10 and 20 power versions and both are great performers.

This is a public information announcement only, I'm not on commission [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Just a heads up

Post by IDPAMASTER » Sun May 23, 2010 10:42 am

It is not an SWFA brand Super Sniper.It is the Tasco Super Sniper.Just so people don't confuse the two.

SWFA bought the rights,so basically you get the same scope,less the customer service. These old Tasco's were actually decent entry level budget scopes,so it would serve well for someone with those needs.

Old Tascos were excellent,and some still fetch decent coin. It's a shame that they don't still produce the same.
Well then get your s';t together.
Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your s';t. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the s';t store and sell it, or put it in a s';t museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Sun May 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Wasnt it the Tasco version that made the Marine corp list ? If so you are looking at a more than decent scope, compared to the modern mid budget stuff.

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Post by IDPAMASTER » Sun May 23, 2010 2:23 pm

nicolas wrote:Wasnt it the Tasco version that made the Marine corp list ?

:-k Can't find that anywhere,but possible. Decent is a relative term. I like the "old" Tasco's. Back in the day,they were actually expensive.
Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your s';t. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the s';t store and sell it, or put it in a s';t museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY

Nicolas
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Nicolas » Sun May 23, 2010 3:01 pm

IDPAMASTER wrote:
nicolas wrote:Wasnt it the Tasco version that made the Marine corp list ?

:-k Can't find that anywhere,but possible.

http://swfa-ss.com/Reviews/1-3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

heavyzee
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by heavyzee » Sun May 23, 2010 5:23 pm

IDPAMASTER wrote:It is not an SWFA brand Super Sniper.It is the Tasco Super Sniper.Just so people don't confuse the two.

SWFA bought the rights,so basically you get the same scope,less the customer service. These old Tasco's were actually decent entry level budget scopes,so it would serve well for someone with those needs.

Old Tascos were excellent,and some still fetch decent coin. It's a shame that they don't still produce the same.

i dont know anything about them,... but just to be straight... u r saying the scope is the same as the tasco, but swfa's customer service isnt quite up to par???

im only asking, because i am looking at building a 600 yard gun as an all around sniper/ paper puncher...

while we r on this, is 10X enough for this use??
‎[Jews] do not tend to explode on buses as a form of revenge; not even in Germany. At most we'll argue with you until you die of boredom.

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Post by IDPAMASTER » Sun May 23, 2010 6:55 pm

heavyzee wrote:
i dont know anything about them,... but just to be straight... u r saying the scope is the same as the tasco, but swfa's customer service isnt quite up to par???

im only asking, because i am looking at building a 600 yard gun as an all around sniper/ paper puncher...

while we r on this, is 10X enough for this use??

No,I should have worded that better. The new SWFA SS are the best bang you can get for your buck,and have super customer service. I've talked with Chris on many occasions.With the old Tascos,which SWFA bought,it used to be harder to get something done with them through SWFA.I am sure things are better now,since they have come a long way.A new SWFA SS bought from SWFA has excellent CS.

SWFA's 10x scopes are great. The best thing they have ever done is to listen to the customers and bring out matching turrets. If you get the 10x mil/mil which has the new HD glass,you will have a winner and a scope that will rival others of three times the cost. I personally dislike mil reticle scopes with MOA turrets.

You would do well to look at the 3-9 scopes as well. Nothing can be gained by that extra power. These are exceptional,and they now offer a FFP with 0.1 mrad turrets.

I don't very much use anything over 10-12 power,because I like less magnification if I am going to be behind the rifle for good deal of time.

A lot of people like to have a ton of magnification,but I find it more of a nuisance than anything else.

While we're at it and hijacking Nics thread,you really should check out that Tasco he originally mentioned.It would serve someone very well.
http://floridashootersnetwork.com/phpbb ... er#p563928
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY