Form 1 Suppressor Thread

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
JonathanW

Form 1 Suppressor Thread

Post by JonathanW »

Here’s my First build
Consisting of the following

-Titanium SD tactical 7” tube

-Carbon Steel Adapter, and end cap

-2 304 Steel 60 degree come

-2 Titanium 60 degrees come

-2 Titanium radial cones

-Titanium Spacer

-Host: STG77

Last edited by JonathanW on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg

Post by Greg »

That is sweet looking. I recently got a AAC SR5 myself. What’s a good pic uploader here now so I can show a pic or two of it?
1st Battalion/5th Marines

NRA Benefactor Lifetime Member

FSN Member Since 2009
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Greg wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:49 am That is sweet looking. I recently got a AAC SR5 myself. What’s a good pic uploader here now so I can show a pic or two of it?
Imgur is a good one, and thank you
Keith

Post by Keith »

So in what order are the baffles and why the differences in materials and angles?
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

More of experimenting to see if radial cones mixed with regular cones adds any effect to gas flow.

The list above top to bottom is how the go in the Suppressor however I’ll switch them around to see if it helps. I may add a step clip to the baffles, still debating.
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

Try a DHC (Double Hybrid Clip)......most of the guys on the F1 suppressor board swear by it....much more sound reduction...and it minimizes / eliminates POI shift

JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Villafuego wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:29 pm Try a DHC (Double Hybrid Clip)......most of the guys on the F1 suppressor board swear by it....much more sound reduction...and it minimizes / eliminates POI shift

Can it be done with a dremel or do you need a mill?
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

I suppose it could be done with a dremel.....but taking your materials into consideration (Ti / SS), a mill would probably be better.

"Rusty" over at the F1 Suppressor board would clip them for you....he is an SOT and the guy who developed the DHC....
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

Villafuego wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:35 pm I suppose it could be done with a dremel.....but taking your materials into consideration (Ti / SS), a mill would probably be better.

"Rusty" over at the F1 Suppressor board would clip them for you....he is an SOT and the guy who developed the DHC....

Rusty is a good guy but he recently had surgery and is back logged several months. I have a custom reflex mount for this can on order from him but it’s a month away from being finished and I paid last month. I’d prefer to do a clip that I can do now so I can enjoy the Suppressor (waited 11 months to get it :cry: )
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »