Question for supressor gurus

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Wolfdog

Question for supressor gurus

Post by Wolfdog »

I have never been into suppressors but recently ran into a deal on a Ti-rant 45(on top of the price it was transferred on a form 5 so no tax stamp). So now I have it I am after a little info.
Do I need to keep my paper work with me when I have it in my possession as in going to the range?
What about crossing state lines? I would like to take it with me when I go wack pigs in Ga if I can.
Sorry for my ignorance I just never looked into it before this deal came up.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I believe you only have to present " your papers " to law enforcement but a lot of ranges can simply not let you use it if you don't have your paperwork to show an RSO

I tell everyone make a color photo copy of the actual stamp page and keep it in their gun bag also making a regular photocopy and throwing it in the glove box is great insurance.

For crossing state lines you do not need to ask for permission for a silencer or an AOW.... while some say it's always a good idea to go ahead and fill out that form I think it's a 5320 .....the ATF should write you a letter back saying that it is not necessary for you to ask permission to cross state lines.... that again is great Insurance in case you get pulled over in some Podunk town with a local LE that doesn't understand NFA laws
Wolfdog

Post by Wolfdog »

Thank you sir, that is what I needed to find out.