Form 3 to form 4

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Casual

Form 3 to form 4

Post by Casual »

What all is needed to start the form 4 before the form 3 is completed
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Casual wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:59 pm What all is needed to start the form 4 before the form 3 is completed
Pic(s), fingerprints...? Not 100% sure the Form 4 can pre-date the Form 3, however... :?:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

When a dealer does your form 4, he's basically signing that form that he has that can in his possession, while many people skipped ahead pre 41f just to expedite the process ....it came back to bite a lot of people in the ass....

Nothing like having to do withdraw a form with an incorrect serial number on it or to have ATF kick one out letting you know that there's no serial number in the database only because the chance that a form 4 hits processing and jumps a form 3 ...it's happened a lot.

I doubt you'd find a dealer that would do it today for me I don't care how long the customer has to wait but I'm not putting my ass on the line so that some jackwad can skip ahead two to three weeks in line
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

There you go. My "brother from another mother" has the correct answer.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

rentprop1 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:21 pm When a dealer does your form 4, he's basically signing that form that he has that can in his possession, while many people skipped ahead pre 41f just to expedite the process ....it came back to bite a lot of people in the ass....

Nothing like having to do withdraw a form with an incorrect serial number on it or to have ATF kick one out letting you know that there's no serial number in the database only because the chance that a form 4 hits processing and jumps a form 3 ...it's happened a lot.

I doubt you'd find a dealer that would do it today for me I don't care how long the customer has to wait but I'm not putting my ass on the line so that some jackwad can skip ahead two to three weeks in line
Yep know exactly what your talking about buddy about wrong serial numbers :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS