22 suppressors

Machine guns, SBRs, SBSs, suppressors, destructive devices, AOW (any other weapon)
Jimmy

22 suppressors

Post by Jimmy »

Caveat: I know little to nothing about suppressors, except what I picked up on youtube in the last hour, so I guess I am a freaking expert! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway, thinking about finally taking the plunge and buying one. I have several pistols in 22 with threaded barrels, plus will be picking up a fn 5.7 shortly.

What’s the general consensus on a Silencerco Sparrow? Looks like it can handle the 5.7 as well as the 22lr. Maybe this is a non issue, or maybe incorrect, but the can itself is the registered component, insides can be replaced if needed without the NFA wait. Easy to take apart and clean.

Thanks everyone!

Jimmy
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Don't get all involved worrying about replacing components, silencerco offers a lifetime warranty if you think you ever damage it .... also 5.7 out of 22 can is like a muffler on a NASCAR they just don't make sense .

The Sparrow is like 8 year old technogy, while still the F150 of 22 cans, why not look into something with newer materials combined with modern science and engineering.

Look into the Q Erector and Energetic Armament for top end ....I have 8 - .22 cans currently, well the shop owns them but I try and stay up on the latest and grearest.

Here is the Q Erector on a Ruger precision...more testing to come..
We got a Sig SRD 22 that a customer changed his mind on, I would make you one hell of a deal on it for an FSN member...PM me if interested.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Rent, thanks for the reply. Pm sent.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

I have a sparrow that I bought several years ago when it was new. It was a great can back then and is still very nice, however I agree with Rent, it would not be my first choice if I was buying today. There is a noticable first round pop as well. I am in the market for another and have been looking to the offerings from Rugged, Q, and Dead Air. I like the idea of being modular, just gives you more options.
Keith

Post by Keith »

When I was looking for a 22 can I ended up buying the Dead Air Mask. Other than being a little heavy, due to being built like a tank, it is a great can that is very quiet.