Howa 1500 Review

Bolt guns, gas guns and long range shooting tactics.
Chuckles the 3rd

Howa 1500 Review

Post by Chuckles the 3rd » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:35 am

Hello all,
Back in December I purchased a Howa 1500 Heavy Barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. Out of the box, the rifle has a much smoother action than a Savage or Remington but I would not consider it to quite reach a Tikka level. I got a heck of a deal on a Vortex HS-T 6x24-50 through Govx.com. Badger Ordnance steel rings and an EGW steel 20 MOA bass round out the build. After skim bedding the base with gray Marine-Tex, the build was assembled and torqued to spec with a Wheeler torque wrench.
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuckles the 3rd

Re: Howa 1500 Review

Post by Chuckles the 3rd » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:43 am

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to finally get to Tenoroc with my dad (Butcharoot) to shoot the rifle and it surely impressed. I brought Norma Match 130 grn, as well as Hornady 140 & 147 grn ELD Match. After using most of the Norma to sight the rifle in and generally get use to the 2 stage trigger, I only had two rounds to test at 100 yards. I then fired 3 rounds of 147 grn at the same target shown below.

I then followed up with another 3 round group of the 147 with even better results!

The last group was of the 140 grn and was a solid group

Again, these results are a factory rifle, and factory Match ammunition! I cannot speak highly enough of this rifle! The best deal on the market right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk