Close to Mid range AR

Bolt guns, gas guns and long range shooting tactics.
Brandon H.
Life Member
Life Member

Close to Mid range AR

Post by Brandon H. » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:37 pm

So im almost done with my AR build on a budget. Used a Anderson .936" bull barrel with 11* crown, 20" 1:9. Clark carbon fiber free float, and A2 stock with Bushnell ARoptics 3-12x40 scope. Going to bob the hammer, use JP reduced springs, polish sear with 1000 grit and flitz, and Joebob grip/trigger screw.

This is a budget build, about as budget as it gets. Not a zombie gun so if I get a FTF no biggie. Im wondering do you think this setup will be an ok setup from lets say 100-400 yards max (mostely under 300yds) I plan on reloading, can I get away with 77gr SMK bullets or should I stick with 69gr and work loads from that (1:9 twist). I know consistancy is key. Im really hoping it will shoot alteast MOA.

Any tips or advice? This is my first rifle im building With intentions of shooting past 100 yards, just for fun no competitions. The scope will be the first thing to change out once I save some $ i really want a Bushnell Elite 10x scope.

Anyways, tips? Advice? Things to do or not to do? Just trying to get the most I can for the dollar.

arkhangel5

Re: Close to Mid range AR

Post by arkhangel5 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:47 pm

Brandon,
I would consider a match type trigger if you are really serious about shooting precision.

Only to know if your barrel will shoot 77's is to try some. Get a box of Black Hill or Federal Gold medal and try them.

Everything else you listed looks ok, only way to find out if it all works is to go shoot it.

Let us know how it goes.

SY
Tough times create strong people. Strong people create good times. Good times create weak people. Weak people create tough times.