RPR 6.5 in stock anywhere for a decent price?

Bolt guns, gas guns and long range shooting tactics.
amheck

RPR 6.5 in stock anywhere for a decent price?

Post by amheck » Mon May 02, 2016 7:53 pm

When you've finished laughing....I don't suppose anyone knows of a shop that would happen to have the Riger Precision Rifle in 6.5 for a reasonable price, would you?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: RPR 6.5 in stock anywhere for a decent price?

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:18 pm

I have on order for a customer was told 8 to 10 week backorder from the distribution . ....you need to pay for it and get in line

You can forget that phrase decent price ...people are paying MSRP just to get one
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Post by IDPAMASTER » Tue May 03, 2016 8:09 am

Rentprop1 wrote:I have on order for a customer was told 8 to 10 week backorder from the distribution . ....you need to pay for it and get in line

You can forget that phrase decent price ...people are paying MSRP just to get one
I've had a 308 since they came out and when I wanted to get into the 6.5 CM I couldn't get one. When I did find one it cost me $1400.00 before tax and fees! People are clamoring after them. It'd be cheaper to find a 308 at a good price and re barrel it from LRI. Decent price is unfortunately not relative to this model...right now. I actually wish I hadn't bought mine now because after I was done changing parts,I'm into it for more than its worth to me.
Well then get your s';t together.
Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your s';t. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the s';t store and sell it, or put it in a s';t museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY

amheck

Post by amheck » Tue May 03, 2016 6:18 pm

I may be putting a deposit down tomorrow - big allocation of rifles are due in next week to this store, so we'll see. And it's under $1100, so I can't complain about that. Fingers crossed - we'll see.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:21 pm

Sounds like a trap [smilie=011.gif]
Just make sure the deposit is refundable
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Post by IDPAMASTER » Wed May 04, 2016 5:32 pm

You should have waited... =:s

http://www.americanrifleman.org/article ... ion-rifle/

"Enhanced"! So all stuff that I've already remedied and was lacking,now they've taken note and raised the price a bit. I'm happier with my parts anyway. The LRI bolt shroud and handle can't be beat and is more prettier
Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your s';t. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the s';t store and sell it, or put it in a s';t museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY

amheck

Post by amheck » Wed May 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Too funny. You know...I got busy and didn't call in that deposit yet.

But yeah, the shroud and brake, I think I'd want aftermarket anyway. They do look nice. And $200 cheaper, I think I might want to the older version if that's about all they did. I'm unsure about the new hard guard - I guess on the old one, everyone was just buying HIGH rings. Now without the rail you can buy MED rings? :-k

IDPAMASTER
Life Member
Life Member

Post by IDPAMASTER » Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 pm

The Samson hand guard sucks to me. I went with a Seekins and it's a much better fit,and user friendly. Might as well upgrade to your liking. I use a Spuhr mount with high rings,and it leaves little clearance on the bottom of my objective. Their brake looks nice,I wonder if they'll give me one for free. :-k

I like the gen 2 fat Bastard anyway.
Get your s';t together.
- MORTY