Trench Gun help

M14s, M1 Garands & Carbines, Enfields, M1903s
culberson
Executive Member
Executive Member

Trench Gun help

Post by culberson » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:38 am

Got 3 Garands, got 3 M1 Carbines. Don't own a museum but working towards making my guns as correct as I can. Stocks are the challenge. Starting to look at trench shotguns. They are so cool to look at however my knowledge on them is about the 1st grade level. Anybody out there give me look for and run from advise on these historical shotguns? Curtis at Indian River Collectibles has a few and hopefully will be at the Orlando Gunshow this weekend coming up but I'm having trouble getting him on the phone to confirm. Any advise?
American by the grace of GOD

jmikeb653
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Trench Gun help

Post by jmikeb653 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 am

PM Sent
"Try never to run out of smokes, ammo and luck all at the same time. But remember, if you have ammo, you can always get more smokes, and make your own luck."—G.K. Shirpa
wakkoss wrote:
" Good thing for me that I don't wear panties. I freeball with support from a small glob of firm tofu."

Gunnut42

Post by Gunnut42 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:52 pm

True Military shotguns are fairly pricey unless you stumble onto one at a garage sale.....
for something representative on a budget Norinco made copies of the Winchester 98 WWI trench broom
They even have the flaming bomb proofs , heat shield and bayonet mount shares a bayonet with the 1917 Eddystone like the original (not the 1903).
Cost around $500 if you can find one as Im pretty sure they are banned from import

Ithacas are my favorite but near impossable to find in trench configuration
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum ... If You Want Peace Pepare for War

Polk County Hillbilly

Post by Polk County Hillbilly » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:14 pm

98 or 97?
Montani Semper Liberi!

Daryl

Post by Daryl » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:51 pm

I would recommend you pick up Bruce N. Canfield's, Complete Guide to United States Military Combat Shotguns. There are a lot of fakes out there.
That books has saved me from some very bad mistakes.