M1 carbine rear sight removal

M14s, M1 Garands & Carbines, Enfields, M1903s
sterling991
Executive Member
Executive Member

M1 carbine rear sight removal

Post by sterling991 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Anyone have the tool? I want to put the standard flip sight on.

Alternatively, if anyone knows a good smith let me know.

jmikeb653
Contributor
Contributor

Re: M1 carbine rear sight removal

Post by jmikeb653 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:55 am

A pice of leather, a punch & hammer is all i ever used, but i have only done it on non-GI Carbines......Iver Johnson & Plainfield, they pop right off. On a GI Carbine that has the rear sight staked on, perhaps a tool would be required.
"Try never to run out of smokes, ammo and luck all at the same time. But remember, if you have ammo, you can always get more smokes, and make your own luck."—G.K. Shirpa
wakkoss wrote:
" Good thing for me that I don't wear panties. I freeball with support from a small glob of firm tofu."

sterling991
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by sterling991 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:38 am

I am concerned about screwing it up that way. I saw a video on Utube with the right way to do it. I might just suck it up and buy the tool.

jmikeb653
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jmikeb653 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:33 am

sterling991 wrote:I am concerned about screwing it up that way. I saw a video on Utube with the right way to do it. I might just suck it up and buy the tool.
+1.... you didn't say in the original post if it was the real deal or not, if so, i would get the tool too, jim
"Try never to run out of smokes, ammo and luck all at the same time. But remember, if you have ammo, you can always get more smokes, and make your own luck."—G.K. Shirpa
wakkoss wrote:
" Good thing for me that I don't wear panties. I freeball with support from a small glob of firm tofu."