U.S. gun rights 20 years from now? (Poll) [take 2]

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!

What do think U.S. gun rights will look like 20 years from now?

Much more restricted (like England or Australia now)
31%
Somewhat more restricted (like Kommiefornia now)
35%
About the same
20%
Somewhat broader (e.g. perhaps nationwide CC or normalized suppressors)
12%
Much broader (e.g. NFA, GCA, Brady Act gone)
2%

Total votes: 51

lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

It depends on which group of states will remain being called the United States. I think the west coast will be the Democratic Republic of United Minorities and have a complete prohibition of private ownership. The Confederated Republic of Texamerica will have few prohibitions of private ownership. Minnesota to Ohio will just be a few more provinces Canada and be under their laws. New England will probably keep the US name and have laws just like the DRUM. Florida to Kentucky and just pick up our old name, the CSA and we'll be armed to the teeth.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Aztlan

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

MikeFL86 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:01 pm Worse than England and Australia. The left has the voters in the future and wants total bans. They'll get them.
We had a ban from 94 to 2004, things are much better now.

Nothing is guaranteed to improve or worsen. From a conceal carry standpoint we are farther ahead than we ever have been. There are more "regular shooters" who own suppressors than at any time in the past.

If it was gonna happen, it would have happened after the second / last hour attempt after the first Sandy Hook ban failed when Harry (NRA A rating) flipped and went on the offensive. They pulled out all the stops and tried their hardest to shove it through when nobody was looking and everyone thought it was over and done with. Obama was president and this was probably their best chance to make it happen, it failed.

Sooner or later they will probably get UBCs, and I hope to hell we trade it for something really good like striking the "sporter clause", but that's about as far as things will go for awhile. Just like everything else it depends who fights and how hard.
Shadowbob

Post by Shadowbob »

jaytwillerham wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:26 am I see a much reduced influence of the federal government.
Stronger states, with very different laws on most everything.
Maybe even with each having individual banking and currency.
Sooner or later the Feds insane spending and destruction of the money system will become obvious to even the truest believer.
It won't be fun, but necessary.
Maybe like the ancient Romans, hopefully without the civil wars.
I see it going this way also and honestly the more guns that are sold now will mean more influence in the future for gun ownership. I don't ever see a time in America's history where we need to be worried about guns being taken away. Maybe a 10 round mag law, no AR type stocks or pistol grips but the guns will not go away.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

P5 Guy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:13 pm Seven optimists so far.
who's the ReRe, that voted ......Much broader (e.g. NFA, GCA, Brady Act gone)
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:41 pm
P5 Guy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:13 pm Seven optimists so far.
who's the ReRe, that voted ......Much broader (e.g. NFA, GCA, Brady Act gone)
Now up to 15?