FAL G1 M Mags

FAL, G-3 and L1A1 rifles.
crosshair

FAL G1 M Mags

Post by crosshair » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:02 am

Looking to buy a few quality polymer mags, but it seems as though TherMold is the only ones available. I purchased one, and sent it back. Horrible quality, non-anti tilt follower. Looked like it was over cooked in the mold. Anyway, there is a guy named Moses that is having one made for production, but it is a forever process. Any other options out there?

onebigelf

Re: FAL G1 M Mags

Post by onebigelf » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:29 am

I think Thermold is the only polymer mag in production. DSA has their 30 rounder in production and unlike the the first run of 20s from a couple of years ago the reports on these are very positive. I have 4 surplus 20s if your interested.

John

crosshair

Post by crosshair » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Appreciate the offer, but I'm good on surplus.

mohshard
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mohshard » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Polymer, shmolymer. Hiduminum is where it's at. Look up the para magazines that are around, and hard to find. Seriously light weight. I've got 4 or 5 in new condition, and wouldn't trade them for anything...

I'll probably get one of moses' mags when they're ready, though...

crosshair

Post by crosshair » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:11 am

mohshard wrote:Polymer, shmolymer. Hiduminum is where it's at. Look up the para magazines that are around, and hard to find. Seriously light weight. I've got 4 or 5 in new condition, and wouldn't trade them for anything...

I'll probably get one of moses' mags when they're ready, though...
Its just symantics. It just refers to plastics. But I'll check out these para mags. Any links?

mohshard
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mohshard » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:46 pm

I understand your nomenclature, I'm just letting you know about the best mags I've played with. They're much lighter than the steel with no sacrifice in strength. Check the Falfiles.com, gunchoker, or any of the third party sites. I found my first two at a gunshow, and looked for more. They're more expensive than steel, but pretty cool.