Can anyone help with an FAL build near JAX?

FAL, G-3 and L1A1 rifles.
MauserMatt

Can anyone help with an FAL build near JAX?

Post by MauserMatt » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:17 am

Hey all. I haven't been on here much lately, but need a little help. My brother bought one of the Apex early Belgian parts kits and has most of the rifle put together. We have the barrel and it's hand timed to the 11 o clock mark and I just need some help getting it the rest of the way, as i have no FAL tooling. He's currently deployed to Iraq and will hopefully be coming home on leave soon. It'd be great to have it complete for him by the time he gets home. I can drive a little distance to get it done and can pay for your troubles.

I believe all I need done is the barrel timed and headspaced and the locking shoulder installed. I can get it the rest after that. My work schedule is Monday through Friday, so it'd have to be a weekend. I truly appreciate any help!! PM me or email.

** I forgot to add, it's being built on an Enterprise Arms reciever with a modified for bipod Argentine barrel.
Matt

mohshard
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Can anyone help with an FAL build near JAX?

Post by mohshard » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:56 pm

If you don't get any hits here, try the falfiles.com, and post up there. I met a few local guys in South FL that are into FAL's that way, and I've built and help build a few.

MauserMatt

Post by MauserMatt » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks, I'll give that a try too...
Matt

Allme
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Allme » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:21 am

It maybe a bit of a drive however there is Dow in Dade City. They timed my barrel, set the head space and installed a locking shoulder for me for $75. Keep in mind I provided a locking shoulder, if not it would have been $100. Turn around time was a little under a week and it turned out perfectly. Dow knows their stuff when it comes to FALs.

cbr954fz1

Post by cbr954fz1 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:49 am

i am not an ffl but i can help you build it..but it will only cost you your time to come down to palm bay (east coast)...i have only built 40 of them and hosted acouple build parties so yes i have the tools..if you have the receiver, time it to your barrel and see where it stops and that will tell me how much of the shoulder has to be trimmed..the barrel notch should stop at 11o'clock to your rec..if you have the new dsa rec, they move/changed the ls dia. so that has to be gotten from them(dsa)..dci, century, entreprise and hesse uses the original ls(locking shoulder)..hope this helps..cbr