HK MP5 flats and parts kits?

FAL, G-3 and L1A1 rifles.
IslandTimes

HK MP5 flats and parts kits?

Post by IslandTimes » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:50 pm

Curious how hard it is to bend and weld an MP5 flat and if there are any good deals on parts kits around? I've owned various blowback 9mm carbines over the years but have wanted to try building on of these for a while. Can G3 or Centme parts be modified to work?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: HK MP5 flats and parts kits?

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:19 am

CETME and G3 use the same receiver....but it's completely different than an MP5 receiver ....none of the other parts except a few are interchangeable . ...at one time MP5 kits were almost a grand but they are well north of that now...

Some guys have managed to bend them on the work bench but there was a loaner jig floating around on weaponsguild.

Lots of good info over on militaryfirearm.com as well, but I suggest you do a bit of research.....your questions have been asked 100 times over there....the tig welds are really hard to pull off even for a skilled welder the receiver is thin and you have to be careful not to blow out the end. ...

Search the firearm projects thread and you'll find a thread where my son and I welded up a bunch of CETME flats .
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:28 am

i may have a mp5 sd kit for 1500 in a week or two just waiting to see if a fellow can get a law letter before we cut it up
Democrat's for Trump ...Anybody but Hillery even Jack the Dog !
Full service FFL/SOT manufacturer
Thermo Arms Inc FFL07/SOT
http://www.thermoarms.com/
727-776-4274

IslandTimes

Post by IslandTimes » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:59 am

Man, the parts kits are WAY more than I thought!

I guess I should have done some research first, but I was looking on CDNN's website last night and saw they had an MP5-ish looking pistol, the Nighthawk, for $399. Was hoping that meant I could build a real MP5 for a couple hundred more, but I guess not. I've been wanting to start building guns from parts kits for a while. I've "built" several ARs and was looking for something that would require a little more skill. I do have an almost complete FAL and AKM parts kit, so maybe I should just look into buying receivers for those first and finishing them up. Thanks guys!

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:02 am

Zenith Fireams are selling MP5 pistols and rifles that are built on Real H&K tooling for about $1300-1400 and come with magazines, hard case, cleaning kits [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

Best deal for real H&K quality stuff