Value of FALs Now? Selling Price?

FAL, G-3 and L1A1 rifles.
One45
Life Member
Life Member

Value of FALs Now? Selling Price?

Post by One45 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:19 pm

What are Imbel on Imbel FALs going for nowadays? Quality rifles in excellent condition, btw. Any ideas? Thanks in-advance.
It's a Gator nation.

mohshard
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Value of FALs Now? Selling Price?

Post by mohshard » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:40 pm

Refinished FAL kit, $425. Imbel receiver, about $400. Compliance parts, $120.

Assembled FALs, (not imported as assembled, assuming made by individual in the us and 922r compliant), about $750-800 or so.

7.62 is very expensive, and there's no ban on the horizon. If you wait, and it's a numbers matching or special kit, you might get 900+.

One45
Life Member
Life Member

Post by One45 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:01 am

Ugh, those are depressing prices. No need to sell at this time. Thanks moshard.
It's a Gator nation.

Dick

Post by Dick » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:17 am

Atlantinc just had some Imbels on an Enterprise reciever for $879 or so. The rifles condition looked good in the picture, but they always do.

hurricanecharlie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by hurricanecharlie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:55 am

I think that estimate on an all Imbel is a bit low.
I an Imbel built gun even more.
Check out fal files.
7.62 is getting closer to 50 cents a round every week,and that is not cheap ass wolf steel.
Fall is still the Cadillac with the sig amt being the Rolls Royce. Now buying a Sig that is depressing.
[smilie=pdt_xtremez_28.gif]

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:59 am

Buy the cheap plastic German training ammo if you can find it, its half the price and good for plinking at 50-100 yards. Its worked well in my Rhodesian FAL

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:38 pm

FAL's are funny. Many on the FAL files can barely get $800, so people are taking them apart, selling the kits & receiver separately, & getting more. My Imbel gun was one of the first mint Dan's kits on an Imbel receiver assembled by Don's guns. To me it's as good as factory built. GARY

hurricanecharlie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by hurricanecharlie » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:23 pm

original fn ,lithgow, fmap,imbel are still not cheap
kit builds will never get those prices unless it is something unusual like lithgow receiver and lithy kit or original parts
who did the build does make a difference
i see seriously overpriced guns on all the boards but remember,they are asking prices

mohshard
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mohshard » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:16 pm

N4KVE wrote:FAL's are funny. Many on the FAL files can barely get $800, so people are taking them apart, selling the kits & receiver separately, & getting more. My Imbel gun was one of the first mint Dan's kits on an Imbel receiver assembled by Don's guns. To me it's as good as factory built. GARY

That's what I was trying to say. Unless a kit was built by a major league smith, it's a home built, and is worth more as component parts. I have 3 FALs currently, 2 home built: a metric imbel kit on a gear logo PAC receiver with a rhodie folding stock, a DSA/imbel kit with a duracoat paintjob, and one carbine built by Arizona Response Systems (gunplumber). Got that one back recently, and not letting it go again.....

In the days of $89 kits and $159 receivers, to put a gun together, and sell or trade it for $800 was a big deal. If its a rare kit, Israeli, RA marked, or Aussie or British L1A1, you're better off taking it down and selling the kit separately.

hurricanecharlie
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by hurricanecharlie » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:20 am

gun plumber gun is a keeper
there is not a lot of money to be made in putting together any old franken fal- we agree on that one =:bye

frenchkat

Post by frenchkat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:26 am

But they are still fun to shoot!

That's why I build them. Got a bunch, latest build was a .22 kit on a Williams Alumibomb.

.22 kit was $450, receiver was $300, rest was stuff I had laying around. Probably another $250 worth of parts. Don't ever expect to get my money back.

Purchase before that was a new Imbel receiver and one of the Sarco Argy kits. All new parts. I'm into it for a grand already and not even assembled yet.

Hey Moshard, haven't seen you on here much, welcome back and I hope things are going well.

mohshard
Life Member
Life Member

Post by mohshard » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:43 pm

Howdy, Ken. Hope you and your wife are doing well. All is good, getting back into the swing of things.