any opinion/experiences with MKE guns?

FAL, G-3 and L1A1 rifles.
Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

any opinion/experiences with MKE guns?

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:39 am

After i'm done building/buying my 300blk and 458 Socom, i wanted to get a G3 and MP5 copy.

i've heard Atlantic Firearms is somewhat ok, with just one potential problem that can be fixed.

others are iffy, Vector is either great or horrible.

but everywhere on the net, people seem to love MKE, which also seems like it will sell at or below Atlantic Firearms prices.

anyone here of the G3/MP5 expert crowd have any opinions as to quality and RELIABILITY?

http://zenithquestintl.com/wp-content/u ... RIFLES.pdf
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Re: any opinion/experiences with MKE guns?

Post by molivo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:36 am

My mp5 clone is a special weapons. It runs like a top. People talk trash about them, but i think its just regurgitated internet lore becuase ive had about a dozen of them and they all worked fine.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:33 am

I take it even though the parts might not be to spec (hence sometimes the minor resolveable issues), the actual design is HK spec, which means you can swap in HK parts to fix it?
Nathan Lewis' testimony before congress wrote: According to a study of 775 floating currencies...the average life expectancy of a floating fiat currency was found to be 27 years.
Ron Paul's Farewell Address wrote:Real patriotism is the willingness to challenge the government when it's wrong,

scott7891

Post by scott7891 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:13 pm

For a MP5 clone the ones coming in from Pakistani Ordnance Factory are HK spec and ready to go. They come in as a pistol so they are ready to convert to a SBR or add a pistol brace to.

For a G3 I would go with PTR. They are well-built, reliable, built on licensed HK equipment, and can be had for under $1000. I would get the GI model since it has the deeper flutes in the chamber meaning it will be able to eat any ammo you throw at it. I used to have one but sold it to my friend because he really wanted it and I upgraded to a Vector. The fact that the Vector had the paddle release was a major factor in me getting it.

Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:30 am

For POF, if I wanted to change out parts (such as the traditional flashlight encompassing handguard), would that mess with the 944r compliance?

And if i decide to SBR (might be setting up a trust soon [my wallet is cutting itself at the thought of it [smilie=012.gif] ]), do i still have to worry about 944r compliance?

ipscscott
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ipscscott » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:20 pm

Orlando Paulitician wrote:For POF, if I wanted to change out parts (such as the traditional flashlight encompassing handguard), would that mess with the 944r compliance?

And if i decide to SBR (might be setting up a trust soon [my wallet is cutting itself at the thought of it [smilie=012.gif] ]), do i still have to worry about 944r compliance?
922r

Sent with fat thumbs from my wireless gizwidget.
Custom Cerakote/GunKote refinishing and Hydrographic Printing, mild to wild!
Hydro Print Services
http://www.hydroprintservices.com/
https://www.facebook.com/HydroPrintServices
863-797-4226

Full service FFL/SOT manufacturer, for all your NFA goodies
Thermo Arms Inc FFL07/SOT
http://www.thermoarms.com/
727-776-4274

Orlando Paulitician
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Orlando Paulitician » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:23 pm

^what he said ](*,)