Who Has It?

FAL, G-3 and L1A1 rifles.
One45
Life Member
Life Member

Who Has It?

Post by One45 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 am

All right. Who is hoarding all the FAL build kits. They have dried-up completely. Must be panic-hoarding
from "he who's name shall not be mentioned" was re-elected. Well, if someone has one they absolutely
must rid themselves of; please feel free to give me a shot at it. Peace out to all. And for the rest of us,
load up on ammo, you hoarders.
It's a Gator nation.

mohshard
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Who Has It?

Post by mohshard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:45 am

You missed the kit heyday by about 10-15 yrs. The barrel importation ban, (thanks Bush II), killed cheap kits, and most of the countries that fielded the FAL have already sold off their stock of surplus rifles.

Heck, even surplus mags have dried up.

One45
Life Member
Life Member

Post by One45 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:52 am

mohshard wrote:You missed the kit heyday by about 10-15 yrs. The barrel importation ban, (thanks Bush II), killed cheap kits, and most of the countries that fielded the FAL have already sold off their stock of surplus rifles.

Heck, even surplus mags have dried up.
I know. Too little, too late. I was hoping someone had their private stash open though.
A good kit is liking finding a hen's tooth these days. Slim pickins. ](*,)
It's a Gator nation.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 pm

I found a sweet Rhody kit little less than year ago even had the original camo paint.....paid $ 400 sight unseen, didn't know it had the camo [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif] ...I have a thread about it somewhere in this section
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

One45
Life Member
Life Member

Post by One45 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:I found a sweet Rhody kit little less than year ago even had the original camo paint.....paid $ 400 sight unseen, didn't know it had the camo [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif] ...I have a thread about it somewhere in this section
OK, I'll take it.
It's a Gator nation.