Vector v-93 vs. Century C93 pistol

FAL, G-3 and L1A1 rifles.
Doc Jeff PA

Vector v-93 vs. Century C93 pistol

Post by Doc Jeff PA » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 pm

I am thinking about buying one of these and doing a form 1 conversion to an SBR.
Does anyone have any experience with either of these firearms. Reliability, ammo selection, etc?

The conversion is easy just change the end cap to a full or collapsible stock
The truth alone has never set anyone free, it is only doubt that emancipates the mind.

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like if STUPIDITY was painful??

Villafuego

Re: Vector v-93 vs. Century C93 pistol

Post by Villafuego » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:21 pm

I've currently got a V-93 (16"), and a Jeff Walters built HK53 clone......and after examining, and firing a C-93, I'd recommend spending the extra money on a Vector V53 (if you want to do an SBR), or have a gun custom built.

The Vectors are built from MKE flats, with proper HK contours in the trunion area, and although they use cutdown HK33 carriers, the fit/finish is much, much better.....I believe the Century pistols use #8 LP's, which don't run well in 53 type guns (Vectors come with a #15), and the cocking support tubes are a little "off"....your cocking handle is pointing almost straight up when locked to the rear....the C-93 doesn't come with a flapper/paddle mag release either

With a little tweaking, and a decent refinish, the Century pistol might be a less expensive alternative initially, but long term it may cost you more if it has the common Century decreasing-bolt-gap issues the rifles are famous for.....

Doc Jeff PA

Post by Doc Jeff PA » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 am

Thank you for the honest reply. That makes my decision easier
I think I'm going to go with an AR platform SBR more caliber choices, and an easier do-it-yourself build.
The truth alone has never set anyone free, it is only doubt that emancipates the mind.

Have you ever wondered what the world would be like if STUPIDITY was painful??

Villafuego

Post by Villafuego » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:30 pm

If you keep your eyes open, you can pick up a used Vector V-53 for around 1K......sometimes less......I think the Century guns are around 700ish......

If you don't already have a shorty AR, by all means get one.....but 53's are fun, fun, fun....

Miamioffshore
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Miamioffshore » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:58 am

plus 1 on the vector. too many century problems and then if u decide to dump it they'll be a 2nd $200 tax involved
"In God We Trust", everyone else must pass the NICS.
"Repeal the 17th Amendment!"
NRA Life Member
2nd Amendment Foundation
GOA Life Member

madmedic
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by madmedic » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:57 am

I have a Century C93 (that I picked up a while back)... and a Vector V93 (That I recently traded one of my ARs for).

The Vector is leaps and bounds better than the Century.

In fact... I would not even FIRE the C93 that I have.
I did not notice when I bought it, (because I was focused on making sure I got one with straight sights, and a proper bolt gap)... But I recently noticed that the reciever is welded together ever so slightly TWISTED. (Like the flat was put in the flat bending jig crooked).
And...If you let the bolt slam home with a magazine inserted, the bolt scrapes the feed lips of the magazine.

I intend to hopefully de-mil the C93, and use the parts to build another rifle on a Vector reciever (if I can find one), or with a new reciever flat.

GO WITH THE VECTOR
with.....a HERRING !!!!