Shockwave or Tac14?

Over/Unders, Doubles, Pumps, Semis, Home Defense.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Thank you
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

It would seem to me that such a short barrel as a Shockwave or TAC (12ga) would have an horrendous blast. Is that borne out by user experience? I was thinking of one but, in range shooting or police training I would expect the shooter would use earmuffs. In an emergency - this would be an emergency defense gun - donning all the gear is not likely.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Couple videos that might be of interest to those interested in using mini-shells:

10MMgary

Post by 10MMgary »

Louiethelump wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:28 pm The 590 uses the larger diameter barrel stock, so the barrel itself ends up with thicker walls. The action appears to be similar and just as complex to take apart compared to the Remington, but it larger than then Mossberg 500 and the barrels do not interchange. I have gotten recoil sensitive and the 20 gauge it too much for me to be able to use without pain.

Yep.

So are you ready to trade or sell it yet Louie ? I want one in 410 to go with my full sized model 590 410, that is wood furnished with a beautiful factory manufactured & soldered rib with white front sight "gold" bead rear sight and "gold" trigger. I bought it new in the box(still locked in their store gun armory/cage several years ago from wally world for the princely sum of $249,?? I thought about it for a couple days,<(big mistake) finally decided I wanted another and went back. All their guns were gone for good, turns out even back then $249,?? was a great deal for this particular model. A different wally world sold me their last Winchester model 1300 speed pump 12 ga never displayed new in the smashed box and smashed foam complete with all the papers and lock for $50.00, they stopped selling guns also. Image
Last edited by 10MMgary on Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louiethelump

Post by Louiethelump »

Wow! I was in my Walmart in Bushnell this afternoon and they still have racks of guns.

If you were expressing serious interest in the little 410, send a PM and we can talk about it. After test firing it, it has just sat in the closet. I kept the box and papers for it. I since picked up a Henry .410 single shot. So, yea, I would consider selling.
Fastest contact is louiethelump@yahoo.com
10MMgary

Post by 10MMgary »

Louiethelump wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:55 pm Wow! I was in my Walmart in Bushnell this afternoon and they still have racks of guns.

If you were expressing serious interest in the little 410, send a PM and we can talk about it. After test firing it, it has just sat in the closet. I kept the box and papers for it. I since picked up a Henry .410 single shot. So, yea, I would consider selling.
And now it is mine mine mine!!!!! thanks again
07hemi4me

Post by 07hemi4me »

I purchased the Mossberg for three reasons, the mossberg holds one more shell, it can run the mini shells and Remington's current reputation.

The mini shells are Great, all have feed reliably and it is fun to shoot
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
10MMgary

Post by 10MMgary »

osprey21 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:08 pm Image
Have you shot it yet and if yes what do you think?
Rodman

Post by Rodman »

I have both and used them for a bear gun while hiking in AK. they are handy and easy to carry. they both work good. I prefer the 870 cause that's what I am use to and my wife likes the 500 better cause of the tang safety. the 870 was much smoother but after cleaning up the 500 internals & putting a Mcarbo spring kit in the 500 its much better.