Just a saiga in 7.62x39

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
vjor

Just a saiga in 7.62x39

Post by vjor » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:10 pm

That was my last complete build even the camo,few years ago :(

ImageImageImage
Both the oligarch and Tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."—Aristotle

cvasqu03
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Just a saiga in 7.62x39

Post by cvasqu03 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:26 am

Very nice. How'd you press on the new front sight/gas port on? How difficult was it?
If you're going to knock a man down, do it so he can't get up.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:05 am

Forbus tool
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

vjor

Post by vjor » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:04 pm

To press it went to http://www.mckinseysteel.com/ found leftover cold roll piece of steel 14 inches long by 7/8 wide ( well was not exactly 7/8 was a little wider) and was 1-inch thick, on top put inch piece of brass 1/2 wide , 6 inches long by 1 inch tick . drill true the steel 2 holes to put 10-32 bolts and later use the holes on the steel to drill on the brass piece. thread the brass piece
put the 10-32 true the steel piece put the brass on top and install the bolts to hold the 2 pieces together.

You take the piece you just make. put it true the gun magazine well, you take the gun apart first . the steel bar will be across the well on the gun, the brass part is where the barrel will rest on a corner of the brass piece and the steel piece will rest across the 12-ton press arms . As you press the force will be push on the barrel, not the receiver.

To press the gas block, when and look at the same place for steel tubing, found a piece about 10 inches long that fit just over the barrel and it let me push the gas block on. Was steel tubing not pipe but it is hard as hard can be. the cost was like 10 bucks as all the stuff was left over stuff they have laying around the place.

The guys even cut the stuff to any length for free, well at list they did for me. Sorry never took pics of the bar, wish I had.

Forgot , I used http://www.neverseezproducts.com/neverseez.htm Neverseez to press stuff makes life easier.
Last edited by vjor on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Both the oligarch and Tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."—Aristotle

vjor

Post by vjor » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Only pics still have is the press out blocks that used to make Image
they were used to take the GB and FS off got the steel in the same place for about 5 bucks and drill them my self.

The funny things was that I separated with the lady I was living for like 12 years and forgot the box with like 3 sets of plates and all my steel pieces to press and take off stuff, when founds out that they were missing a few months later, she have sold the stuff to the guy that buy junk O_O lol for like few bucks as she cleans the house of junk lol.

vjor

Post by vjor » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:33 pm

The front hand guard is a galil one and needs a retainer to be install on the gun the Image

The tube is a ultimak for verp http://ultimak.com/M3-b.htm and use shims to be install on the saiga barrel as the regular ultimak for ak47 will dont fit or look good on the galil hand guard