Older unfired AMD-65 value?

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
Springfield
Contributor
Contributor

Older unfired AMD-65 value?

Post by Springfield » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:01 pm

I recently acquired a Hungarian AMD-65 from an estate sale of a collector who lives in Texas. It seems unfired, has attached tag that says "Part # 04-ND-003" It may have been purchased some years back, from reading it seems these were more common years ago. It has a wire folding stock and bolt cover with see-thru riser. The box says Made In Hungary, FEG, and TG International Inc, Knox TN. It came with 1 Tapco mag and an oil bottle and parts in a plastic bag. I've seen current listings for AMD-65 that have US parkerized barrels listed in the $600-700 range, but some reviews say the US park barrels are crap. This has a painted looking barrel same finish as the rest of the metal.

I don't know much about AKs except how to shoot them. Any ideas on its value, or where I can go to get a good idea? May post some pics later - what features should I post pics of that would help?

All info appreciated :ber

BTW may bring it to the Lakeland show Sun afternoon . . . .
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ~Ben Franklin

NorincoKid

Re: Older unfired AMD-65 value?

Post by NorincoKid » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:28 pm

Is it marked SA2000 or SA2000M or something?

Some of those TGI guns were single stack receivers built up with AMD kits. They opened up the magwell on them (sometimes poorly, the TAPCO mag will fit on some but steel surplus mags will be loose).

Most were original 12.5" barrel with the 4"ish extended brake welded on.

As for value;

Recent actual sales (market value) (All FEG's not century abortions)

FEG / TGI import - http://www.gunbroker.com/item/597914338 $699 (New in box/Unfired)

FEG / TGI import possibly on SA85 reveiver - http://www.gunbroker.com/item/605083953 $999 (New in box/Unfired)

FEG / TGI import (SA2000M receiver) - http://www.gunbroker.com/item/607754584 - $535 (Used)

FEG / TGI import (SA2000M receiver) - http://www.gunbroker.com/item/608948904 (New in box/Unfired)

They are a decent AK, up there with the earlier WASR imports.

Those parkerized 16" ones you speak of were around awhile back as kits from Clearview Investments and Centerfire for $329 headspaced and ready to go. Some people say the barrels are crap because they are a little softer than the normal CHF import barrel or a top-notch US barrel, but as long as you don't go full retard with the press, they're fine.

Springfield
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Springfield » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks alot for your knowledgeable reply. It does say SA 2000M on bottom of receiver. It looks exactly like the 3rd link, which was used, so maybe in the range of $600-700 with a new tag and beat-up cardboard box?
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. ~Ben Franklin

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Springfield wrote:Thanks alot for your knowledgeable reply. It does say SA 2000M on bottom of receiver. It looks exactly like the 3rd link, which was used, so maybe in the range of $600-700 with a new tag and beat-up cardboard box?
Check and see if it's single or double stack. If single stack it's going to be a hard sell. It can be converted to double stack.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Springfield
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Springfield » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Came with double stack Tapco mag that fits ok. Think I may take this to the next Orlando show.