Anybody know anything about these AK-74 mags?

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Anybody know anything about these AK-74 mags?

Post by tector » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:58 pm

SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

LurkMastR
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Anybody know anything about these AK-74 mags?

Post by LurkMastR » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:30 am

Bump for this... I'd like to know too... wondering if they'd work on a polish tantal ak74 without having to tweak them

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:17 pm

I've used them (back when I still "did" 5.45)

They are COMMERCIAL production mags. Some say they aren't quite as high quality as the military ones.

The ones I had we're steel feed lips, but not steel lined completely and looked the same as the link, markings and all. The ad you linked states steel lined, and steel feed lips. Dunno.

Anyways they were fine mags. No problems with them personally, but I've never torture tested my mags or anything like that. If you like the price I'd say go for it.

LurkMastR wrote:Bump for this... I'd like to know too... wondering if they'd work on a polish tantal ak74 without having to tweak them
Not all AK pattern guns are the same (dimensionally). That would depend more on who made the receiver, built the gun, selector stop position and other variables.

I had two tantals, one built and one century. The century magwell was a little tighter, but both would run AK74/RPK74 mags.

mpk585

Post by mpk585 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:05 am

Have a few. Have not had any issues with them.