members with POSP scopes and mounts

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

members with POSP scopes and mounts

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:28 am

I have 2 of the POSP scopes and it appears that both of the mounts are for the SVD and not the regular AKM pattern

just wondering if any of you guys filed one to fit or possible have an extra I might be able able to try out and see what works ....I also have an issue where I have 3 different kinds of mounting plates on various rifles, my SAR 1 accepts one of these scopes but not the other, my AES-10B will not take either

asking here first cause if I find someone close by , I would like to try and meet up and switch and swap and see what fits on what rails [-o<
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

SGAL1

Re: members with POSP scopes and mounts

Post by SGAL1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:58 am

I can't imagine you could file to fit an SVD mount to fit an AK style mount. For the PSL version, the space tolerence is so tight there seems to be zero room for error. It took me many tries to get my scope not only to lock up tight....but when properly set up, there should be absolutely no play...to hold its point of impact taking off then re-installing the scope. Just my humble 2 cents worth...if it were me, I think I would get the correct scope/mount setup for your application and sell your unwanted scopes. I was pretty amazed how well my PSL held zero after removing then re-installing my scope, but holy cow what a pain in the butt to get it to lock up properly once correctly set up....just tight as it can be.

I'd be curious if it did work but my guess would be it will mess up the alignment.
To disarm the people - that is the best and most effective way to enslave them.
(George Mason)

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:13 pm

honestly I haven't messed with it ....after asking here and on the AK forums and with almost no replies I gave up, not sure what I'll do...I talked to a guy who was copying some of the AKM mounts on a CNC mill he wanted to borrow my rail and I was a little leery to send it off cause if it gets lost or messed up I'd have a hard time replacing it since the lock up as you said is nice and tight
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:25 am

Hey bud, just noticed your post.

Depending on which model scope you have you may be able to use one of these:

http://kalinkaoptics.com/mounts/ak-vepr ... pable.html

or maybe (but probably not)
http://kalinkaoptics.com/mounts/ak-vepr ... pable.html

Worth looking into. I "think" the top link would work for your application, Although with those scopes being relatively inexpensive you may just want to buy the right scope for your rail. Hope it helps

Eric