Went to Comcast today & returned all my stuff

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
playswithstyrene

Post by playswithstyrene »

Dimhouse and Crapcast are notorious for faux-charging you outrageous fees for "non-returned equipment."

Years back, a friend got charged the price of the complete Dimhouse DVR/cable box because the power cord was missing. Knowing that, I used half a roll of duct-tape to make sure nothing would go missing on their equipment before returning it. The lady receiving it gave me a laser stare that could have melted titanium. :lol:
Who farted?!?
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

jjk308 wrote:Spectrum is going all digital. Our Redington Beach condo had basic cable which will no longer work but they have graciously allowed us one free set top HD box for a year. An extra box would be $8 a month but I've gotta see if I can run a cable to the other TV. It has a Roku and was on WiFi but that's dead now. And they want either $55 or $50 a month for internet via WiFi router depending on who you talk to. Too much for our minimal use. No idea if rates will go up after the 1st year.

A while ago I suggested we put up a building HD antenna, using the existing cabling for free broadcast TV, but it never went anywhere.
A splitter and in-line amplifier are all you need to send the signal from the output side of your cable box to the rest of your condo, assuming every room still has the cable outlets. You will need to make sure the power divider located inside the cable utility box is configured for one-in, multiple-out, as required.
Let me know if I can help further.
photohause

Post by photohause »

They're behind bulletproof glass in Pompano because it's in Pompano.
[/quote]

Duh
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

photohause wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:43 pm They're behind bulletproof glass in Pompano because it's in Pompano.
Duh
Derp-de-derp...

FfNJGTFO » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:05 pm

That's SOP at most Comcast service centers.. even the tiny little one in my former town in the PRNJ. Stuck out in the middle of nowhere. They were bought out by Comcast. Anyway, They also had the bullet proof glass. When one considers the amount of equipment they keep "in stock" back there and it's cost (and the risk of it being ripped off), I'm amazed they don't have a vault door.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

dammitgriff wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:06 am A splitter and in-line amplifier are all you need to send the signal from the output side of your cable box to the rest of your condo, assuming every room still has the cable outlets. You will need to make sure the power divider located inside the cable utility box is configured for one-in, multiple-out, as required.
...and make sure everyone watching every TV wants to watch the same channel, because that's what you'll get with this set-up. ;)
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote:
dammitgriff wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:06 am A splitter and in-line amplifier are all you need to send the signal from the output side of your cable box to the rest of your condo, assuming every room still has the cable outlets. You will need to make sure the power divider located inside the cable utility box is configured for one-in, multiple-out, as required.
...and make sure everyone watching every TV wants to watch the same channel, because that's what you'll get with this set-up. ;)
Of course, and thanks for reminding us there ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.

R/Griff
jjk308

Post by jjk308 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:22 pm
Fox News Channel, 37 :lol:
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

whereaminow wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 am That is the apptoid download. It is an Application Store that has these different applications in it. Makes it simple to set up a crate.
way to introduce yourself, with a 2 year old necropost :roll:
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:18 am
whereaminow wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:55 am That is the apptoid download. It is an Application Store that has these different applications in it. Makes it simple to set up a crate.
way to introduce yourself, with a 2 year old necropost :roll:
My bad, he slipped by me. He is gone.