How to revitalize a Chinese SKS..

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
meric1968

How to revitalize a Chinese SKS..

Post by meric1968 » Sun May 25, 2014 7:18 am

First you start with a good base rife... a clean Chinese SKS. Then you strip it down and remove all the unnecessary's.. add an SG Works bullpup kit, throw on some optics, shroud the barrel, and throw on some killer graphics.. instant revitalization of a classic!!

Image :ber
~Mr. Meric

"Life is short, you make choices and you don't look back"

JoeCWales
Life Member
Life Member

Re: How to revitalize a Chinese SKS..

Post by JoeCWales » Sun May 25, 2014 11:01 am

And here I was thinking this thread was gonna be about Tech Sights.

Bubba done kicked it up a notch on that one.
I guess this is the reason you can't find an SKS for $150 any more.

JoeC
"Freedom is only for those with the guts to defend it."

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:09 pm

tell us how the stock worked out for you, I don't visit SKS boards much anymore, but I though there were mixed reviews and didn't SG phuck with everyone about taking money and not shipping right away ?
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

meric1968

Post by meric1968 » Sun May 25, 2014 2:42 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:tell us how the stock worked out for you, I don't visit SKS boards much anymore, but I though there were mixed reviews and didn't SG phuck with everyone about taking money and not shipping right away ?
To answer that I will post a comment on SG Works customer service that I commented on in another forum.... I'd like to give my 2 cents, if anyone is interested in purchasing an SG Works SKS bullpup kit, and has reservations due to all the bad reviews that are out there on the internet about year plus lead times and bad customer service. Do a little research about as to WHY there were year plus lead times on their kit (which there were... several years ago).  They are a start-up, family owned company, that had to raise the money for their tooling.  There were issues with the tooling and the dies came back and were not to spec (not SG's' fault) and they had to get tooling done from scratch.  They worked through those issues and are now popping them out at a very good pace.  I spoke to the owner of the company before I ordered the kit (this was several months ago) and he assured me it would be shipped out immediately.  3 days later, ground UPS, it had arrived as promised (2 days ahead of schedule).  Now.. as far as their customer service goes, I had 3 separate occasions to speak to them about installation (I'm new to gun smithing, and extremely anal and wanted to make sure I was doing everything corretly) and every single time I did I received a reply back the same day. And this past weekend.. I lost my 2 small plastic washers that space out the front hand rail mount to the kit while I had everything apart for painting.  Called up SG an hour ago, they immediately looked up my records and are now sending me replacement washers at no charge to me (I was calling up to purchase the pair or get the specs so I could buy or make new ones).  It wasn't their fault that I lost them, didn't expect that at all, but BRAVO!!  I have received nothing but exceptional customer service from SG Works and have since recommended several of my other SKS owner friends to purchase the kit.  They like myself, are pleased as pie with the kit.  Yes, you might have to do a little fitting to make it work for your particular SKS, but whatever it is, it is very minimal at best.  I love my SKS and it is one of my favorite shooters that I own!  So, with all that being said, don't let all the past hype scare you... you'll be sorry if you do..
~Mr. Meric

"Life is short, you make choices and you don't look back"