No more cheap 5.45 ammo..........

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
Villafuego

No more cheap 5.45 ammo..........

Post by Villafuego » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Well, according to Copes Distributing, AIM Surplus, and a few other sources, BATFE has halted importation of all 5.45x39 ammo.........

The flippers and stockpilers have already bought every major retailer out of 7N6 in a period of one day.....

Anyone wanna sell me their AK-74 cheeeeeep ????? [smilie=011.gif]

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: No more cheap 5.45 ammo..........

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Villafuego wrote:
Anyone wanna sell me their AK-74 cheeeeeep ????? [smilie=011.gif]
cheep plus $ 10 ....whats sad is I have 4 ...74 kits to build yet [smilie=012.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:52 pm

I'll pay cheep + $15!. Sitting on 20K rounds here....
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:54 pm

tector wrote:I'll pay cheep + $15!. Sitting on 20K rounds here....
we can always rob you while you at the feeding trough ( I mean lunch buffet ) [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:58 pm

Actually I need to count up my new production stuff. It is at least 10k, but it could be more than 12k. It is all in big ass ammo cans. And then there are 10 cans of surplus. Thought of buying more but I just could not justify it.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

NonConformist
Life Member
Life Member

Post by NonConformist » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:03 pm

theres rumor ATF handed down a edict calling the ammo AP, and because there are pistol versions of the 74 it is being banned from import, not sure how true it is, or if its even been stopped from being imported for any reason
"Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by their love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest." -From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry" -Thomas Jefferson

Lighteye

Post by Lighteye » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:19 pm

I just figured it was due to the unrest in the region, not because it is "AP". I have a beautiful Bulgie '74 and 5K to feed it. It'll never be enough [smilie=012.gif]
The stupid, it burns.

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Lighteye wrote:I just figured it was due to the unrest in the region, not because it is "AP". I have a beautiful Bulgie '74 and 5K to feed it. It'll never be enough [smilie=012.gif]

My thoughts exactly. I am actually disappointed that I didn't make my name neverenoughammo........

Do any militarized use a non Z6N ak74 round that is produced by the can? I have a couple of the cans but it is easy to blow through 1/3 of a can per trip to the range. Seems like wolf might step up production and get the price close to the 7.62x39 but the only reason I bought one was that the cost per round was 1/2 the cost of the aka round and 1/3 the price of the 5.56. Shoot, one of the main reasons I acquired the PSL was that it was cheap to shoot. Hopefully that round will become cheap to purchase again soon.

scott7891

Post by scott7891 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Looks like we will have to rely on Wolf, Tula, Silver Bear, and Golden Tiger if they decide to build it again. Yet they are Russian and could fall under sanctions.

That means we have Ukraine but their ammo factory in Lugansk is deep in rebel territory.

Crap.