My Neighbor

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
hueytaxi
Executive Member
Executive Member

My Neighbor

Post by hueytaxi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:26 pm

We had our annual Halloween cookout next door last night and it is a gathering where I see folks maybe once a year to mingle. One of the wives was talking to me and the talk turned to stray animals. I commented about a raccoon I called animal control about because of its daytime behavior. I related that I was advised I could shoot it. Somehow we drifted to her husband's recent SKS. So I seek out Tom and begin to talk. His adult son had purchased it in Georgia as a gift for him. Came with an attached scope and a 30 round duckbill. He wanted to varmint hunt with it. So I gave him my ideas for a while and asked what it cost him.......ouch! $450 + scope and the modified dust cover scope mount. I asked him to bring it by this weekend but he would be lucky if he had the accuracy he was used to with his hunting rifles. I told him about our forum and the other major info sources on our special toys. Either way, I can give him some history on its origins and show him mine.
He who never looks will never see; he who never explores will never learn; he who never speaks will never be heard.

speed_racer
Life Member
Life Member

Re: My Neighbor

Post by speed_racer » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:16 am

Always nice to know when a neighbor is 2a friendly!!
Onree wrote: If the law becomes nothing more than a Rubik's Cube, its just a matter of time before we all end up in cuffs.

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Hopefully he got a nice specimen for that $. At this point, no point in regretting it. He should enjoy it for what it is. Did you know he was +2a before?
speed_racer wrote:Always nice to know when a neighbor is 2a friendly!!
Amen to that.
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

hueytaxi
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by hueytaxi » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:52 am

Late getting back on this. I did not know his personal likes except he is a marvelous wildlife photographer. He is an retired-Publix truck driver so I should have guessed
He who never looks will never see; he who never explores will never learn; he who never speaks will never be heard.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:05 pm

s';t...all my numbers are gun friendly. Hell the guy across the streets an ffl too, and we have two others in the neighborhood [smilie=011.gif] we run out the ones who are gun shy =:bye
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140