Norinco value?

Avomat Kalashnikov, Samozaryadnyi Karabin Sisyemi type rifles and variants
Pelican1966

Norinco value?

Post by Pelican1966 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:08 am

Newbie & really have no clue about value of my Norinco 7.62 x 39, mint cond. (exactly 30 rnds fired), monte carlo stock but wooden safely pkgd, all match numbers, legal 10 - mag + 2 - 30's, (no bayonet). I might have to sell. Economy sucks! Appreciate any guidance./b]
Why did Robinson Crusoe want to go back?

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Norinco value?

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:41 am

maybe $ 550 tops they really are not moving right now , and put the original stock back on, aftermarket stocks seem to kill coolness factor
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Big_Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Big_Mike » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:maybe $ 550 tops they really are not moving right now , and put the original stock back on, aftermarket stocks seem to kill coolness factor
I think I'd go 575 to 600, but only if it was pristine. [smilie=021.gif]
Deo Favente Perennis.

dys·gen·ic [ dis jénnik ] - 1.detrimental to future generations: affecting later generations detrimentally by passing on undesirable characteristics

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:39 pm

maybe you're right , I just looked at GB, but there is one with that crap black stock for $ 380
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Pelican1966

Post by Pelican1966 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Thanks 'Rent' for response. I actually love the gun. So, considering what's coming.....it will stay at #4 on Home Defense list.
Also to Revelation: :-) I can relate. Good luck; mostly God Bless!
Why did Robinson Crusoe want to go back?

Big_Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Big_Mike » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Pelican1966 wrote:Thanks 'Rent' for response. I actually love the gun. So, considering what's coming.....it will stay at #4 on Home Defense list.
Also to Revelation: :-) I can relate. Good luck; mostly God Bless!

My advice to you would be to sell it and use the money towards buying an AK. If you are already having some thoughts about selling it that is. Me personally, I wouldn't sell a gun I liked unless it were to upgrade or I really needed the $$$. I had a couple of SKS's over the years and really liked them, but they were never really reliable with the after market mags. I recently bought my first AK and I really like it. It's light and it shoots well and I'm very confident in it's function and accuracy. I don't think I'll ever shoot the sks anymore. At least not while I have the AK to burn the ammo.
Deo Favente Perennis.

dys·gen·ic [ dis jénnik ] - 1.detrimental to future generations: affecting later generations detrimentally by passing on undesirable characteristics

Big_Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Big_Mike » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:maybe you're right , I just looked at GB, but there is one with that crap black stock for $ 380

I think you're right man, I just popped over to GB and it looks like the prices have come down a bit on the SKS's. There's a rifle on there for $280.
Deo Favente Perennis.

revelation
Life Member
Life Member

Post by revelation » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:00 am

Looking at gunbroker I can't get a good idea of the chicom imported by norinco. I refinished the stock in tung oil and it is in excellent shape. All matching numbers and an early version because everything is milled.

Thanks!
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:37 am

bad timing to get top dollar, Classic just got in a batch of early milled Chinese SKS and are steal at $ 259...... a little clean up of cosmoline and a stock refinish and its still a $ 350-400 rifle

http://www.classicfirearms.com/chicomsks-b

revelation
Life Member
Life Member

Post by revelation » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:26 am

I did not expect anything over 400.00 even though I put a lot of time into the rifle. I think if I list it in the B/S/T forum the 400 rounds on stripper clips may fetch a good price.
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.