THE Taurus Judge 410/.45 colt

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
trouter3

THE Taurus Judge 410/.45 colt

Post by trouter3 »

Now we talking revolvers gents, I've got one, do you and what's your opinions on the handgun, personally I'm very pleased with it. Very versatile with the combination 410/45 colt so many different defense rounds in 410 now being developed for this pistol, even as we speak there are at least a 6-12 leading ammunition companies that already have ammunition available on the market. To me what really makes this weapon appealing is the availability of barrel inserts ( sleeves ) that fit into the 410 cylinder in many different calibers, the bullet never touches the pistol barrel, the insert is the barrel. for instance I have .22, .22 mag, .17 HMR, so far, looking to add .380 and 9mm, I take it to the range and have the option to fire ALL those different calibers in one handgun, versality personified, it's just a fun weapon to own. One thing I may add tho, the gun is for upclose and personal 7-10-15 yards max, anything longer is a crap shoot, but again with .410 defensive loads this is a beast for protection, I'm not talking about your dads old .410 squirrel gun in 8 shot, this .410 is nothing like that, completely different no comparison, more modern round, only other negative is the smith series comes in .410-.45 colt & .45 ACP would have loved it in .45 ACP, the Smith is much more expensive. Going to the range soon with a box of .17 HMR like the round a lot, it shoots it well and whatever else I decide to take along just a fun weapon to own ...

Peace and tranquilly ......and always wear hearing protection this beast is loud ...

( this is like a follow up to a previous thread, more comprehensive )
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

A SS Public Defender is on my bucket list...

After a CZ-75 compact though....
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

I have an original Thunder 5, which was the 1990's forerunner of the Judge. It's big & heavy & shoots well but there's no way I could carry it. It's matte black with Pachmayr grip & believe it or not, has a manual safety. Haven't messed with other caliber inserts but that sounds interesting.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
trouter3

Post by trouter3 »

Yes the Thunder 5 was the forerunner to the Judge series, also a beast, loud report, a lot of barrel flash and recoil like the Judge magnum, not for the faint of heart for sure, without a doubt every time I take the judge to the range someone will stop me while I'm shooting

and ask what in heck was that? The blast will just reverberate in the corrugated steel shooting positions, an attention getter for sure. What I do is let them fire a round with some .410 PDX1 or similar, they normally walk away " Holy shit " can't believe it, that's a beast ..not for me ..one fella was so impressed he went to the gun counter and ordered same 3x3 magnum ...like I said ya gotta like LOUD to enjoy this handgun ...but the 45 colt is very sweet shooting in comparison to the .410 ... All in all fun handgun with the barrel inserts ..
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

My brother has a Judge and it's one of his favorite. He lives out in the country and has dispatched many a critter with it over the years.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

trouter3 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:06 am Now we talking revolvers gents, I've got one, do you and what's your opinions on the handgun, personally I'm very pleased with it. Very versatile with the combination 410/45 colt so many different defense rounds in 410 now being developed for this pistol, even as we speak there are at least a 6-12 leading ammunition companies that already have ammunition available on the market. To me what really makes this weapon appealing is the availability of barrel inserts ( sleeves ) that fit into the 410 cylinder in many different calibers, the bullet never touches the pistol barrel, the insert is the barrel. for instance I have .22, .22 mag, .17 HMR, so far, looking to add .380 and 9mm, I take it to the range and have the option to fire ALL those different calibers in one handgun, versality personified, it's just a fun weapon to own. One thing I may add tho, the gun is for upclose and personal 7-10-15 yards max, anything longer is a crap shoot, but again with .410 defensive loads this is a beast for protection, I'm not talking about your dads old .410 squirrel gun in 8 shot, this .410 is nothing like that, completely different no comparison, more modern round, only other negative is the smith series comes in .410-.45 colt & .45 ACP would have loved it in .45 ACP, the Smith is much more expensive. Going to the range soon with a box of .17 HMR like the round a lot, it shoots it well and whatever else I decide to take along just a fun weapon to own ...

Peace and tranquilly ......and always wear hearing protection this beast is loud ...

( this is like a follow up to a previous thread, more comprehensive )
How you still liking the Judge?
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us