Taylor's &Co malf

Wheelguns of all descriptions.
Bugman

Taylor's &Co malf

Post by Bugman » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Anyone familiar with SAs
My Smokewagon will not hold the latch down for loading anymore.

Customer services there is worse than Taurus

rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:00 am

sounds like your spring and detent are missing, last time I ordered some the backorder was almost 6 months and about $ 12 for each piece

Bugman

Post by Bugman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:39 pm

What spring and detent are you talking about?

taylor's has a worse customer service department than Taurus
how would they have come out?

this gun has less than 1100 rounds through it
I only keep it because it's my mother's favorite

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Pub/schema ... _schem.jpg

Bugman

Post by Bugman » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:49 pm

OK I just rewad my first post
It's fairly incoherent

The cylinder catch is not disengaging in the loading position, or at all
it is gouging in a cylinder ring

If I hold it in place or push it back down with my finger it will hold until jostled or

rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:57 am

Your post is the same as a customer walking into an auto shop and saying my car makes a ticka-ticka-ticka sound. What's wrong with it ? :oops:
Are you asking about the cylinder stop that little silver piece in the six position on the frame that indexes the cylinder?

If so the same mainspring that operate your trigger also pushes up on that cylinder stop.

Single actions are fairly easy to work on but you got to know what parts do what

rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:59 am

Your post is the same as a customer walking into an auto shop and saying my car makes a ticka-ticka-ticka sound. What's wrong with it ? :oops:
Are you asking about the cylinder stop that little silver piece in the six position on the frame that indexes the cylinder?

If so the same mainspring that operate your trigger also pushes up on that cylinder stop.

Single actions are fairly easy to work on but you got to know what parts do what.

You can't blame Taylor and Company there just an importer and they surely couldn't answer your question if you were going to describe it to him like that.

It's mechanical, parts fail, not all are warranty items

Villafuego

Post by Villafuego » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:28 am

The "cylinder catch" is referred to as the "bolt".....the part that indexes the cylinder is the "hand"
When the hammer is cocked....to any position, a small protrusion on the side of the hammer raises the curved tail of the bolt at the same time it raises the hand......that drops the front of the bolt and allows the cylinder to rotate while being indexed by the hand.

If the tail of the bolt becomes worn or breaks, or the contact surface on the hammer becomes worn, the bolt will either not work at all....and the cylinder will lock up solid, or it will slip off the hammer to soon....and you'll end up with some nasty drag lines on your cylinder.

Sounds like yours is slipping off at half cock.

Probably need a new bolt, and possibly a new hammer. Neither are "drop in" on a SAA and have to be fitted/timed