what do y'all think about guns.com

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rentprop1

what do y'all think about guns.com

Post by rentprop1 »

I have been a seller on Gunbroker for almost 15 years now, not a huge player, but I bounce around inside the top 700 seller area...for those who don't know, you're probably doing $ 150 K or more a year in sales just on Gunbroker to break into their top 1000.......last years buying panic was insane, to say the least, lots of first time users and buyers, lots of stupid questions, late night panicked ( I need the answer now type emails ), calls at all hours on the shop answering system.......LOTS of NON paying bidders ( NPB ), lots of chasing people for payments, lots of hand holding just to get the deal done......now add to that THIS year ; between the April 1st sales tax collection and the new Non Paying bidders where they are collecting the sales tax on purchases and its now taking them 90 days to refund monies that you as a seller, never received because of that NPB and the sale never took place....many sellers are fed up

I typed all that to tell you about Guns.com and my experience as a seller with them so far, now all of this may be a moot point because right now I think you have to be a dealer to sell with them, but what a professional outlet.....I didn't know much about them till another dealer told me and I reached out to them, basically they are jumping off a huge cliff right now trying to compete with Gunbroker, at the moment its just guns ( but ammo and accessories in the future ) , mostly new guns, some used, there is even a collectors corner, you will see what looks like a fixed price, right now for the summer, SHIPPING is free , they built it into the price, all of my prices end in 99 and some how the ending amounts are now all whacky when they added in the shipping, but whatever, yes they added in the shipping so the buyer still pays shipping its a marketing gimmick but whatever, best of all you can make an offer on any firearm on that site, you see a new gun listed, make them an offer, you see a used gun not selling, make them an offer, the seller can counter, or reject.

is it perfect, who knows, my experience as a seller so far has been 100% spectacular, they only allow for 7 or 8 pictures, so if your one of those pic collectors so a super picky type buyer maybe its not for you, all Im saying is if you haven't been over to the website, give it a look and check it out.

not sure how you search for a particular seller but 2 of the more standout items that I have listed are a Smith and Wesson M13 Aircrewman and a beautiful Italian BM59 Alpini, if you find those you might be able to search for other items
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Used them for the first time a couple of months ago and was very pleased with the experience.

When the gun arrived, it was better than expected, and the price was better than I'd been seeing on Gunbroker.