FiveSeven
70%
PMR-30
30%

Total votes: 10

Jimmy

Which to buy - FiveSeven or PMR-30?

Post by Jimmy »

I'm in the market for a new gun, strictly a home defense weapon. No kids at home, just me and the wife so not worrying about the round going through interior walls, etc. I really like the FiveSeven, but the PMR-30 looks pretty awesome as well. Excellent video on youtube by the Military Arms Channel reviewing the two. What do you guys think? Price of gun and price / availability of ammo not an issue. Thanks.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Do you plan to be going against home invaders wearing body armor?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
CDI

Post by CDI »

i just bought a 5/7. i have not shot it yet. but i do have to say its very light even with a full magazine. i would use the pmr 30 for home defense for the only reason that i would not want a $1300 pistol taken away from me. its easier to replace a $400 gun compared to $1300. i plan on buying a prm 30 soon now that the prices are back to normal.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Skoll wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:46 pm Do you plan to be going against home invaders wearing body armor?
Actually I was going to ask if its legal for non military non leo to own ap rounds for these guns. I would love to have these but not if it means spending time and close quarters with someone named Bubba.
Last edited by Jimmy on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

CDI wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:13 pm i just bought a 5/7. i have not shot it yet. but i do have to say its very light even with a full magazine. i would use the pmr 30 for home defense for the only reason that i would not want a $1300 pistol taken away from me. its easier to replace a $400 gun compared to $1300. i plan on buying a prm 30 soon now that the prices are back to normal.
Yes, I understand its super light even with a full mag. But not using it, god forbid you need to, and resorting to the pmr defeats the purpose, at least in my mind.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Hands down Five seven own one love it..
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
CDI

Post by CDI »

Jimmy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm
CDI wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:13 pm i just bought a 5/7. i have not shot it yet. but i do have to say its very light even with a full magazine. i would use the pmr 30 for home defense for the only reason that i would not want a $1300 pistol taken away from me. its easier to replace a $400 gun compared to $1300. i plan on buying a prm 30 soon now that the prices are back to normal.
Yes, I understand its super light even with a full mag. But not using it, god forbid you need to, and resorting to the pmr defeats the purpose, at least in my mind.
What I meant is I would not use it for defense if I had other options. My night stand gun is a baby eagle which I got for $325. And is a great reliable gun. I would not feel bad if I had to use it and then it was taken for evidence since I can replace it easier than the 5/7. Now if the 5/7 was my only gun then I'm using it.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Regarding ap, here is an interesting summary of what 5.7 ammo is legal for civilians to own:

https://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/ ... t1210.html
Last edited by Jimmy on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

So, apparently, possession of ap rounds are not regulated on a federal level, but instead, on a state level.

Florida is one of the few states that make possession illegal.

Here's the Florida Statute:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 90.31.html
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

There was a vendor at the WPB gun show who kept the five seven AP ammo under the table if you asked for it. GARY.