Looking for light suggestions

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Looking for light suggestions

Post by neverenoughguns » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 pm

Looking for light suggestions for a home protection AR15. Would like my light to be rugged and cost effective. What do you run and why?

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Looking for light suggestions

Post by dieselbeef » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:01 am

Anything streamlight. Super tough. Rechargeable or not depending on model and they can fit anything. I have em everywhere. At work home cars guns mule. Indestructible
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:02 am

And bright as fuk
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

Srasel79
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Srasel79 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:12 am

I second what diesel said. TLR-1 works great [smilie=cheers1.gif]

rug357

Post by rug357 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:13 am

There are a lot of good gun lights out there and these days even LED lights from China works well. I have 3 Chinese $20 LED lights that I use on my hog hunting rifles with remote switch and they have been reliable. On my HD AR and Shotgun I use old Surefire P6 lights with LED heads over which I put green filter. On my pistol I use a Streamlight TLR-1 with green film. One suggestion I'd make is that not to use white light. Instead use green or maybe blue LED light. With white light you'll loose your night vision very quickly where as with green or blue you won't loose your night vision so much. Red is good too but I have trouble seeing with red light so I use blue LED lights on my guns. Another thing is more/brighter light is not always better because if you wake up from sleep and turn on your 1000000 lumen light in your bedroom it will be disorienting and you'll take couple seconds to get your senses back. You only need enough lights to see maybe 100 feet so it doesn't take a lot of lumens.
Fools learn from experience, intellegent person learns from experience of others.
She may not be of my flesh and blood but she is of my heart and soul.

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Streamlight 88058 ProTac Rail Mount 1 I plan on getting one of these because you can use AA Battery which is nice or use CR123A which I want stay clear of those.
"Spend your energy to keep up and you won't have to waste it catching up"

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:51 pm

I ended up going with a SUREFIRE-M952V LED light. Going to now look for some filters as suggested by Rug357.