New M&P sport II

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
Alex223FL

New M&P sport II

Post by Alex223FL » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:34 pm

2 weeks ago I bought a New M&P sport II, finally! The forward assist and dust cover were the selling points finally on this model.

As for cleaning, I bought a "Gunmaster .223" cleaning kit and it makes no sense. It has a flimsy thin nylon like snake, but don't see how that pushed through the big metal brush?

I pushed in from the muzzle with just the rod (too short on it's own) and it basically got stuck and had to pull it out.

No youtube videos on this kit, anyone have experience.

And any tips on cleaning this rifle and where to oil etc?

Other than that, shoots GREAT! But doesn't except an old Colt mag I bought sadly.

Also using FP10 oil for it as well I think it is called.

Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member

Re: New M&P sport II

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:31 pm

Try Hickock45

Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

MARKAR

Post by MARKAR » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:46 am

I think the nylon cord is meant to be PULLED through from the bore end. Attach a brush, mop, patch and pull instead of push. In general, you always want to clean from bore to muzzle not the other way around.

Alex223FL

Post by Alex223FL » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:59 pm

MARKAR wrote:I think the nylon cord is meant to be PULLED through from the bore end. Attach a brush, mop, patch and pull instead of push. In general, you always want to clean from bore to muzzle not the other way around.

Ah, ok. That makes a bit more sense.

But then the brass brush is sorta going backwards, any damage if done that way? One brush has bigger silver "brushes" on the end, so maybe that is why. Instructions for certain things would be nice!

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:59 am

Alex223FL wrote: One brush has bigger silver "brushes" on the end, so maybe that is why. Instructions for certain things would be nice!
That brush with the larger silver brushes is used to clean the chamber. DO NOT try to pull that thru the bore.
:ber
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

Alex223FL

Post by Alex223FL » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:59 pm

P5 guy wrote:
Alex223FL wrote: One brush has bigger silver "brushes" on the end, so maybe that is why. Instructions for certain things would be nice!
That brush with the larger silver brushes is used to clean the chamber. DO NOT try to pull that thru the bore.
:ber
Thank you for that. This kit sucks even for someone familiar with guns! The gun store thought the regular small one was for a .22 and the one with large silver brushes was for snake.

Would use older cleaning kits, but quality seems to suck there too and non-brass rods etc. Don't want to hurt the bore.

10MMGary
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 10MMGary » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Bore snake a chamber brush on a pistol rod and some ALG Go Juice & their 0000 Very Thin Grease are all I ever use until the accuracy suddenly goes to crap. Then I might check the crown for damage and the bore for excessive copper build up.
When people ask me "do your dogs bite?", I tell them of course my dogs bite, all dogs bite. The question should be will your dogs bite me?

lucy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by lucy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:55 pm

10MMGary wrote:Bore snake a chamber brush on a pistol rod and some ALG Go Juice & their 0000 Very Thin Grease are all I ever use until the accuracy suddenly goes to crap.
what did he say?