Spikes ST-22 interchangeability question

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
BerettaRacer

Spikes ST-22 interchangeability question

Post by BerettaRacer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Does anyone know if the "individual parts" of the discontinued Spikes ST-22 upper are interchangeable with a standard 223/5.56 upper? I'm NOT asking about putting an ST-22 upper on a standard lower, that's a given. But say, would the barrels be interchangeable? Could I pull the 22 barrel and put it in a standard 223 upper? etc? or is it proprietary fit? and vice versa?
And yes there is a method to my madness, lol.
Thx

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Spikes ST-22 interchangeability question

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:09 pm

pretty sure the barrel is proprietary, gas block ( FSB ) is usually fake on those, so only the receiver is usable

and you would have to swap the bolt, at least the CMMG and Chiappa are like what I described
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:22 am

Yeah, total guess, that's why I'm asking. Would think that putting the 22 barrel into 223 upper you just don;t have to deal with gas tube, no harm no foul. But putting 223 barrel into spikes 22 upper might be an issue if it wasn't designed to accommodate gas tube. And yeah, I didn't post it earlier but swapping the BCG with the barrels is a given.

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LastRites » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Missing the gas tube channel in the upper? Yes you should be able to use a Spikes barrel in a regular upper receiver.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:23 pm

LastRites wrote:Missing the gas tube channel in the upper? .
yeah didn't think about that, look and see if the upper has the gas tube hole cut in the front part of the receiver.....worst case a receiver is cheap
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.