Best Buy AR lower

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
clyde621

Best Buy AR lower

Post by clyde621 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:14 pm

I am wanting to try my hand at putting together a AR. Wanting to do a pistol for myself and a son and grandson rifle. I have noticed some very good prices on Primary Arms for the Anderson lowers. I spoke with my LGS salesman and he was giving the big stay away talk on them saying they were using sub standard product in the casting. What do you guys say as to what to look for and what would you buy. I did look up and find that Anderson says they use the same 7075 as everyone else.

Beck77

Re: Best Buy AR lower

Post by Beck77 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:33 pm

He is full of crap, they are used by many people to build solid ARs. I have a couple myself and they are well made, probably not the brand the LGS sells is why they are talking crap about it.

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:03 pm

I just bought two Aero Precision lowers, IMO one of the best out there.
$60 each at Brownell's.
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Beck77 wrote:He is full of crap, they are used by many people to build solid ARs. I have a couple myself and they are well made, probably not the brand the LGS sells is why they are talking crap about it.
+1 I used one to and works great, the sales guy is full of [smilie=042.gif]

Srasel79
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Srasel79 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:35 pm

They work great for me. Since it's your first time trying a build wouldn't you rather try it on a cheap one anyway?

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LastRites » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:22 pm

And another option is sign up for the PSA email listing and wait for the $129 w/free shipping complete lower to be offered again, pretty hard to build at that price point. As for Andersons they are for the most part ok, rumor has it that on occasion some has experienced a slightly tight mag well but personally have never had an issue with them short of my distaste for the kentucky derby horse on the side.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:56 pm

captain steinbrenner wrote:I just bought two Aero Precision lowers, IMO one of the best out there.
$60 each at Brownell's.
Are those shaded a different shade of black than most uppers?
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 pm

I don't have them with me yet bro.
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Gregh181 wrote:
captain steinbrenner wrote:I just bought two Aero Precision lowers, IMO one of the best out there.
$60 each at Brownell's.
Are those shaded a different shade of black than most uppers?
FWIW.....If you look at 10 lowers all from different manufacturers you will see about 7-8 different shades of black...its in the anodizing....you can scrub a dull black with Wd40 and a toothbrush and make it darker
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

10MMGary
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 10MMGary » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:56 pm

I bought two "blem" lowers from PSA they are perfect except they were blued to a blue gray color rather than black. I actually like the color a lot.
When people ask me "do your dogs bite?", I tell them of course my dogs bite, all dogs bite. The question should be will your dogs bite me?

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:51 am

clyde621 wrote:I am wanting to try my hand at putting together a AR. Wanting to do a pistol for myself and a son and grandson rifle. I have noticed some very good prices on Primary Arms for the Anderson lowers. I spoke with my LGS salesman and he was giving the big stay away talk on them saying they were using sub standard product in the casting. What do you guys say as to what to look for and what would you buy. I did look up and find that Anderson says they use the same 7075 as everyone else.
Ive used Andersons on tons of rifles and never had one problem with them. Anybody who claims theyre out of spec, sub par, etc is talking out of their ass to push another product they are either making more money on, or trying to dump.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Do you know why you never saw Anderson stuff before a couple years ago and now the market seems to be flooded with them.... just because they were told they have a good shot while bidding on the government contract against FN, obviously that wasn't the case so as a snub they flooded the market with $39 receivers.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

10MMGary
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 10MMGary » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:Do you know why you never saw Anderson stuff before a couple years ago and now the market seems to be flooded with them.... just because they were told they have a good shot while bidding on the government contract against FN, obviously that wasn't the case so as a snub they flooded the market with $39 receivers.
$34.99 here ya go!
http://www.primaryarms.com/anderson-man ... r-ar-15-a3
When people ask me "do your dogs bite?", I tell them of course my dogs bite, all dogs bite. The question should be will your dogs bite me?

ilsrwy27
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by ilsrwy27 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Aero Precision lowers are a bargain and you can find them around $50.
FWIW Chris Bartocci recommends the Aero AR over S&W M&P 15.